Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Behind the scenes of Escape :)

EscapeRocks

At our rehearsal tonight.

We have a nice, very large room for rehearsal.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh58/escaperocks1/IMG_1081_zps539e4080.jpg

LOL A "Selfie". Never before, never again!

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh58/escaperocks1/selfie_zpsacbfb2f9.jpg

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a nice space. Do you always rehearse there, and what is it?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

It's a place we rent out for the two or three times we can actually have a full band rehearsal. It's one of Universal Rehearsal's place in Dallas. They have lots of studios of all sizes at this place, and this is the "A" room with all kinds of amenities.

That way when Mike, my bass player, is up from Austin, we can make a day of it, and be comfortable and set up without being on top of each other in a typical 5x10 room.

David

I had to look twice at that second pic ...thought it was Mike Myers for a second :D

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

It's a place we rent out for the two or three times we can actually have a full band rehearsal. It's one of Universal Rehearsal's place in Dallas. They have lots of studios of all sizes at this place, and this is the "A" room with all kinds of amenities.

That way when Mike, my bass player, is up from Austin, we can make a day of it, and be comfortable and set up without being on top of each other in a typical 5x10 room.

That space looks nicer than any rehearsal space I've ever been in. Most are dumps, and often have someone else's crap cluttering it up.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

That space looks nicer than any rehearsal space I've ever been in. Most are dumps, and often have someone else's crap cluttering it up.

This place actually gets lots of major acts using it for rehearsal, so they keep it in shape. The company that runs this and two other locations up here are pretty decent.

The "A" rooms can only be rented for an initial 3 hour block, then add on hours after that. The "A" Room includes a drum kit, pa, mics, stands and cables.

They have lots of monthly rooms you can rent. 24 hour key-code access to the building itself, then a separate key-code for your studio, if you're a monthly renter.

They gave me a tour once a few years ago. Their camera and security system is pretty elaborate, right down to cameras that capture license plates of cars coming in and out.

They're not the cheapest in town, but you get what you pay for.

They also do a big back line business, and rent equipment trailers as well. It's nice having a company in town that will cater to the little guys as well as the big name acts.

David

Yeah, I looked at their web site after your other post and was very impressed. If we have something like that here, I don't know about it.

I'll bet rehearsing in front of a mirror really makes you aware of your stage presence - never thought about doing that.

Yes. This large room is setup like a dress rehearsal stage.

When we started developing our video show we used it for that so we could see what the audience sees behind us. It was very helpful

David

LOL A "Selfie". Never before, never again!

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh58/escaperocks1/selfie_zpsacbfb2f9.jpg

David,

Your "cool factor" plummeted when I saw this selfie, then it rebounded when you said "never again". ;)

Greg

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

I'll bet rehearsing in front of a mirror really makes you aware of your stage presence - never thought about doing that.

Yes. This large room is setup like a dress rehearsal stage.

When we started developing our video show we used it for that so we could see what the audience sees behind us. It was very helpful

Would love to pick your brain about your video show when it's ready. Thinking of doing something similar w/ my corporate band.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Archived