Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

VIDEO: Scott Tibbs on Roland RD800

Carl C.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:sick:

This demo f**king blows. Three-quarters of it is spent on sounds that aren't piano. Why?! The focus should be on AP and EP -- this is, after all, a stage piano -- but they're mostly drowned out by synth pads and drums, or they've got unnecessary effects on them. When you can hear the piano, it sounds artificial and thin. And why are we hearing a DX-style EP and that horrendous organ sound?? So many poor decisions here... :facepalm:

Does the back panel actually slope inward or is that a camera illusion?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

:sick:

This demo f**king blows. Three-quarters of it is spent on sounds that aren't piano. Why?! The focus should be on AP and EP -- this is, after all, a stage piano -- but they're mostly drowned out by synth pads and drums, or they've got unnecessary effects on them. When you can hear the piano, it sounds artificial and thin. And why are we hearing a DX-style EP and that horrendous organ sound?? So many poor decisions here... :facepalm:

I agree! I really wanted to hear the acoustic pianos without all that accompaniment. First fews seconds sounded amazing and that was it for solo acoustic! I hope they have Scott Tibbs do a part two or an in depth video on the RD800 with lots of acoustics and electrics without the drums please!

and yes it does look very slick.

This guy does a mean demo. No stupid ponytail either. :thu:

[video:youtube]

Wow. I'm sure as fuck glad that you don't come to my job and throw out comments like that while I'm working.

I assume that Scott's job is to move some product. He can certainly play. He speaks well and is cognizant of the fact that many people want to buy a do-it-all instrument. While I'm not defending or criticizing Scott's work here, MAYBE he included drums, etc. thinking that most people would use a d.p. in a band setting and that it would be useful to hear how the sound sits in that setting. Personally, I'd like to hear more naked piano too, but I'm not in the market for a do-it-all.

Archived