Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Fleetwood Mac

Skinny

Since seeing Fleetwood Mac live for the first time last year, I've been listening to them a lot more lately.

Wish I could have seen them back in their heyday (of course I wasn't even born yet).

In concert last year, there were at least 2 songs that they had to drop the key a few steps. Go Your Own Way and I'm So Afraid had to have been 2 or three steps down, to accomodate Lindsey Buckingham's voice today.

I started looking up live videos from back in the day, and came across these gems. I love McVie's bass on "I'm So Afraid".

Now, if Christine McVie does end up joining them again, I'd DEFINITELY go see them again.

Holy crap, the fire they had back then...

[video:youtube]

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjx-NL4GlmE

Stuff and things.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of songs are reworked for a live performance.

One of the most famous examples is Peter Frampton using a talk box for the live performance of Do You Feel Like We Do which was not included on the studio version.

I cannot think of anyone in the history of rock music as physically attractive and vocally sexy as Stevie Nicks was when the Buckingham/Nicks form of Fleetwood Mac bloomed. She got a bit too Janis Joplin spastic in that Rhiannon video but most of the time she really shined.

I cannot think of anyone in the history of rock music as physically attractive and vocally sexy as Stevie Nicks was when the Buckingham/Nicks form of Fleetwood Mac bloomed. She got a bit too Janis Joplin spastic in that Rhiannon video but most of the time she really shined.

Grace Potter get's a definite honorable mention in this category however. Plus she plays a B-3.

Korg Kronos 2 61, Kronos 1 61, Dave Smith Mopho x4, 1954 Hammond C2, Wurlitzer 200A, Yamaha Motif 6, Casio CDP-100, Alesis Vortex Wireless, too much PA gear!

Archived