Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hammond SK1 pipe organ demo

Aidan

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, that was the only disappointment for me but still, could be very useful for weddings in country house settings when they want that traditional touch, methinks!

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Aidan, I just got a chance to hear this.. VERY nice performance!!! nicely done..!! I used to love pipe organ back when I was younger and back then I wrote a couple of tidbits of music with the pipe organ in mind, never thinking that I'd have much opportunity to play them on a real pipe organ.. however with the advent of pipe organ samples I was able to do so, but not so realistically as with these new pipe organ engines.

The SK1 pipe organ sounds very nice.. and from my perspective this is a very nice feature/add-on for a hammond clone.. I had this with my Nord C1/2, but never had enough time to explore it on my SK1.

Thanks for posting, very nice performance, I hope you enjoy your new acquisition.

Craig MacDonald

Hammond BV, Franken-B (A100 in a BV cabinet), Leslies 122/147/44W, Crumar Mojo, HX3 module, Korg Kronos, VR-09, Roland GAIA, Burn, Ventilator

Thanks Craig. I have a feeling the pipe organ feature could have some commercial leverage for me as well. I play for a lot of couples getting married in country house settings and traditional organ music for the ceremony could be a nice touch. Not too much bother to bring out in addition to a piano, either, at a mere 5kg.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Archived