Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

First Gig Using iPad for Charts

J Graul

I had my first gig reading charts from my iPad. I used forScore with an AirTurn BT-105 for turning pages. It worked flawlessly. Unfortunately my feet were not so coordinated. I'll need to practice this as I have the airturn, a sustain pedal for the lower keyboard, a switch pedal for the upper keyboard to turn on/off leslie, and a CC pedal for the upper keyboard. Not to mention that due to a sit-in drummer I had to count off each song, make sure the drummer got cues, make sure the singer didn't miss HIS cues, and PLAY! What a night. But the iPad/Airturn combination was GREAT.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I use ForScore all the time...especially nice when people who also have ForScore are playing along, as you can use one iPad as a 'master' device and page turns and song selections are sync'd to other participating devices. I haven't tried the AirTurn..may have to look into that. Thanks for the report!

"Inspiration is not a choice, it's got to search you out..." - Jason Falkner

Kurzweils, some oldie but goodie stuff from Yamaha/Korg, and soft-synths that I've barely explored.

• 2 weeks later...

JG,

Curious what type of environment you used the AirTurn in (e.g., loud rock band?) and which pedals you were using with the BT-105 (the ATFS-2 pedals or the Boss FS-5U)? I ask because the AirTurn website indicates that the Boss pedals are better suited for loud environments with floor vibrations (which is my primary situation), but I might also have a need for the silent operation of the ATFS-2 pedals. Therefore, I'm wondering if the ATFS-2 pedals have problems functioning properly in a loud rock band environment.

Thanks,

Noah

Does any non iPad, PC based 11 inch laptop do the same thing as well?

I prefer the iPad, but I am starting to see the need for a small PC in my life!

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

Archived