Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

An evening with Skynyrd in NYC

Wow, I just saw Lynyrd Skynyrd in NYC at the Beacon Theater last night. Damn, what a show. 3 guitars, 2 background singers, piano/B-3 player... HUGE sound. I guess only the keyboard guy and one of the guitarists are original, as the original bassist died this summer. There's gotta be a curse on that band. Anyhow, it kicked ass. I was a bit disappointed they didn't play my 2 favorite tunes... "Saturday Night Special" and "I Need You" from 2nd Helping. The crowd was interesting. A mix of white fat guys from Jersey in their 40's, and Village-type young hipsters who're probably into Nashville Pussy. They're playing there again tonight, check it out if you get a chance. G. Ratte'

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who do the drunks holler out to hear at a Skynrd concert? I mean, they can't holler "SKYYYNRRRRRDDD!!!" 'cause they're already there. I've got to get a contingent of big guys to go and see a Skynrd concert...get front row tickets and holler "SE-EEGER!" at the top of my lungs, just to piss 'em off. I mean, how are we to get even for getting "SKYYYYNRRRRDDD!!!" hollered at us working musicians at least 50 times a night... "FREEEEEEEBI-IIIIRRRRRRDDDD!!!" All joking aside...Billy Powell is a monster keyboard player.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Archived