Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone using NotePerformer add-on for Sibelius?

Aidan

Been seeing ads for this in my FB feed quite a lot recently and decided to investigate. Sound demo comparisons on its website sound quite impressive (though not VSL level) and it's pretty cheap at $129. Any Sib users here using it?

Clonk for details

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possibly the world's dumbest query for this one hour moment in history:

I have Sib 7- Doesn't it come with a load of sounds? Why $129 for more.. what is Mr Tee missing ? I warned you !

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

Did you even listen to the demos? The point of it is that it uses some sort of algorithm to make playback more natural and human.

Huge difference... Beethoven's 9th - I've never heard Sibelius sound so great, really amazing editing...I have to wonder if they really used the exact same scores with the exact same dynamic markings and tempo changes... they don't appear to state that they did or that they didn't... seems like somebody did a whole lot of fine tuning editing...

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

Yeah, Jazz, that kind of concerns me too. The fact that it doesn't specifically say is slightly worrying. But then again it's not a huge amount of money to take a risk on.

Tee, go back to the page and scroll down to the bottom. Both comparison clips and entire Soundcloud uploads. Heaven forfend that I should waste your time, obviously...

Noteperformer has received quite good feedback on the Sibelius forum http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpcenter/chat/chat.pl?groupid=3

note that sibelius 7.5 promises some of the same features in playback as Noteperformer, though I would personally prefer to pay 129 to NP than 50 to Avid, but I am definitely in the anti-Avid camp.

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

Tee, go back to the page and scroll down to the bottom. Both comparison clips and entire Soundcloud uploads. Heaven forfend that I should waste your time, obviously...

I guess a new career as air traffic controller, is pretty much out for me! How did I miss it? As one more side note: I have not listened to this particularly superb music from the Masters of previous centuries in a long while- mistake. The musicality that comes from these exceedingly rare, and gifted people is truly awe inspiring.

I am guessing it's the smart move, to acquire NotePerformer . Thank you for hipping us to it.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

For advanced users who need to make high quality audio demos. It doesn't really benefit chart makers.

The tempo changes and dynamics I am hearing are very detailed and realistic... A whole lot of editing went into it ... I doubt basic notation entry would produce those sort of results.

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

Archived