Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KeyB Live demo

analogholic

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good to see some traditional organists still around, not just the jon lords and jimmy smiths, but please, turn down the reverb so I can actually hear the tone of the organ. I really wish the key b is more readily available in the states.

"Ive been playing Hammond since long before anybody paid me to play one, I didn't do it to be cool, I didnt do it to make a statement......I just liked it "

Nice explanation of the drawbars - their website isn't completely clear about that. Would love to get my hands on one to try - I've been a fan of the sound in demos for quite awhile.

And the compactness without the preset octave is a great thing for moving around. This organ is obviously a response to the success of the Mojo, and that's a good thing.

Moe

---

I wonder if you can assign the right control drawbars to other functions. Or if they can be assigned to control other modules, etc...

Kind of funny to hear this cat play some traditional organ music. No wonder he likes the reverb.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Overall, sounds like another fine organ. I thought the overdrive stood out as particularly nice on that demo. It didn't have that "mixing in a layer of fuzz" sound like some other boards.

I like the drawbar controller idea, except as the main volume control. That seems like it'd be easy to bump, and not something you'd be changing on the fly much (unless you forgot your swell pedal...)

• 1 month later...

I might be able to purchase one later this year , we've been

using a keyb exp for two and a half years now , it's been rock solid and it sounds great on stage through a 3300 , we run the

internal simm strait to the board , has a nice full bodied sound

and the updated sound engine in the keyb live sounds even thicker . keyb looked to be on shakey ground for a while last year but it looks like they're still going strong

and the updated sound engine in the keyb live sounds even thicker strong

I thought it was the Legend which was updated not the "Live" ?!?!

The "Live" is a slicker MKIII AFAIK.

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

The Key B Legend is the updated Duo Mark III; the more portable KeyB Live has the same sound engine as the Legend. These are based on the Ultrafunk DSP platform: http://www.ultrafunk.com/

Here are some other demos of the KeyB Live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq551Q5ilDo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdaOnNgDQEg

and the Legend:

The Key B Legend is the updated Duo Mark III; the more portable KeyB Live has the same sound engine as the Legend. These are based on the Ultrafunk DSP platform: http://www.ultrafunk.com/

No, the Legend has the new hardware and Ultrafunk DSP Platform.

The guy who shot the first video was kind of surprised as he very recently bought the Live.

I emailed Elvio Prevati and asked if there will be more models with the new Legend hardware/software and he said probably next year.

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

think I'd rather have an HX3 setup

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

Think I'd rather have an HX3 setup.

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

Archived