Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

De La Soul To Give Away Entire Catalog For Free Tomorrow!

Philip Clark

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great tracks from that brief time period when "sampling" damn near entire songs for rap tracks was popular, and legal. I think Paul's Boutique" was the best disc to play " what song did that come from?"

I downloaded several albums as well. I wonder what the problem is that they couldn't get on iTunes or Spotify.

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

I wonder what the problem is that they couldn't get on iTunes or Spotify.

They want you to sign up for their newsletter. A worthy trade I think. They're giving away their entire catalog to spark interest in their future work; smart move.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

I wonder what the problem is that they couldn't get on iTunes or Spotify.
I thought it was licensing issues with all the different samples they used, sort of like old TV shows that took forever to come out on disc because of the music they used.

I never got the link to download even though I confirmed my subscription. :(

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

The offer was for a pretty limited time, did you check you "spam" folder?

It may be a licensing issue, but it seems that a lot of their peers have music available on iTunes.

IIRC, there's a PM Dawn album that has a few pages of very fine print giving credit to each sample used.

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

I checked my spam folder. I also clicked the link in the first email again to see what would happen.

It currently says this on that same link.

"If you already signed up to get your free Valentine's Day sounds, don't worry you'll get them!

Due to the overwhelming response it's taking a bit longer."

So I guess I just have to wait.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived