Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

using Set List Maker to control MIDI presets?

LeesKeys

is anyone using Set List Maker to load MIDI presets on two keyboards? From what I've been able to gather it looks like I would need a couple of items, including MIDI cables, a Roland UM-2g MIDI/USB interface(or something comparable to that), and a Lightning to USB adapter to make this setup work.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have tried this too but couldn't do it. Even thought buying an alesis io dock would help but I cannot seem to get both keyboards to change together. I think I'm failing by the way I'm connecting the units. I got io dock 5 pin din midi out to casio privia Channel 2) midi in. The privia din midi out to m50. ( midi channel 1). Have got all msb lsb values correct verified individually. Anyone know should I wire differently ( us the USB on one keyboard or both ?) hopefully some can help us leeskeys. Thanks guys.
Korg kronos, casio px5s, studiologic sl 88 studio, korg m50,korg triton, yamaha moxf6, hammond xk1, korg sp200

I have tried this too but couldn't do it. Even thought buying an alesis io dock would help but I cannot seem to get both keyboards to change together. I think I'm failing by the way I'm connecting the units. I got io dock 5 pin din midi out to casio privia Channel 2) midi in. The privia din midi out to m50. ( midi channel 1). Have got all msb lsb values correct verified individually. Anyone know should I wire differently ( us the USB on one keyboard or both ?) hopefully some can help us leeskeys. Thanks guys.

The Privia's MIDI Out is not normally going to pass the program change to the M50... that's what a MIDI THRU is for. You may be able to configure the MIDI OUT to function as a THRU (the PX-5S has that function). If your model doesn't have that feature (or a dedicated Thru connector), then you would need a MIDI Thru box, essentially a splitter, to send the MIDI from the IO Dock to each of the two keyboards.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Just to clarify anotherscott. I have to go into the settings and activate the midi out as a tru?
Korg kronos, casio px5s, studiologic sl 88 studio, korg m50,korg triton, yamaha moxf6, hammond xk1, korg sp200

Just to clarify anotherscott. I have to go into the settings and activate the midi out as a tru?

Yes, there is a MIDI setting called MIDI Out Select, page 45 of the User's Guide-Tutorial manual. Note that once you change the function from Out to Thru, you no longer have an Out (there is no option that merges out and thru, it's one or the other). Though you do have the separate MIDI over USB if need be, too.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Archived