Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT(sort of): RIP Shirley Temple

whitefang

Last night, among family, Hollywood iconic child star Shirley Temple died. Aged 85.

Say what you will about her old movies, their silly premises and saccharine sentmentality, you KNOW you loved them anyway. I grew up watching and loving those old movies, as did my Mother and subsequently, my daughters. Same goes for millions of others.

A sad day, no matter how inevitable.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must admit that I never liked any of her movies. Never rose above the mundane. Way too cutesy for my taste. I would rather watch Doris Day heroically defend her virginity for the umpteenth time than watch Shirley prance around.

That being said, a passing diminishes us all. R.I.P.

If you play cool, you are cool.

My wife loves her old movies and has a many of them in her collection. I don't really watch them, but there are times that I catch her dance routines with some great old tap dancers. She was a super talent and won the hearts of the nation as our little dream girl on the big screen. Rip Shirley, a major star IMHO...
Take care, Larryz

I've had her movie collection on my Amazon wishlist (for some time) in order to introduce my daughter to her. My daughter loves to sing and dance, and I believe she would adore Shirley Temple.

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Clearly a very talented person, didn`t burn out as an adult and as a young person-who unlike child stars of today wasn`t performing to impress critics-DID make pretty good movies-she deserves all the appreciation she gets. RIP

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Archived