Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Plug-in Amps for keys

Hobo

Anyone have any recommendations for amp plug-ins in AU format that are good for wurlitzer samples? Kinda like the amp section in VB3, I love the ambience knob and drive.

I have Acousticsamples Wurlie and like the included amp but am after something a little more lightweight.

Thanks!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats my sugestion tôo. Hobo, sorri for the quick derrailing, but can you tlk more about the instrument in your avatar?

My drawbars go to eleven.

Gear: Roland VR-09, Nord Electro 2 61, Korg CX-3. Hear my music: facebook.com/smokestoneband

My favorite that I've found is Scuffham, which is also very reasonably priced.

VKFX, formerly from Scarbee, now distributed by Overloud is also nice .....more for the keyboard centric approach of its effects than for raw amp tone, where Scuffham really has it beat. Amplitude gives more amp options and virtual pedal options than either, but it's raw amp tone also does not please me as much as Scuffham.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

I own nearly every amp sim mentioned already, and a few that haven't been. I've had fun with many and particularly the Overloud stuff and the Line 6 stuff, but IMHO the very best is the Scuffham.

You have to admit though, the sim that comes in AcousticSamples Wurly is pretty good and pretty flexible too.

(Real) Rhodes sounds great through Scuffham. That's what I use at home, when I want to play it using headphones. Still not as good as the real thing. I use a Fender Blues Deluxe when I don't have to be quiet. That may not be the best, but it was affordable and I like it. It's a bit too loud for guitar, unfortunately.

Great stuff , thanks. I see that Scuffham has a free trial so I'll be trying that out for sure. Never been able to work out how to use VB3 as an FX , I'm using MainStage and logic.

Yes the amp sim that comes with the Acousticsamples Wurlie is fantastic but for some reason I can't get it to work for me live. Recorded it's beautiful.

"to B3" - the keyboard in my avatar is one I made myself a few years back, weighted bottom and waterfall top. It's a MIDI controller, no inbuilt sounds (yet!) I imagine in a couple of years I'll fit a tablet or iPhone that'll be my sound module.... Aint technology great!!

Great stuff , thanks. I see that Scuffham has a free trial so I'll be trying that out for sure. Never been able to work out how to use VB3 as an FX , I'm using MainStage and logic.

This does not work as an AU, only VST, and then I believe only on PC, though I may be wrong about that.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

- the keyboard in my avatar is one I made myself a few years back, weighted bottom and waterfall top. It's a MIDI controller, no inbuilt sounds (yet!) I imagine in a couple of years I'll fit a tablet or iPhone that'll be my sound module.... Aint technology great!!
Cool! Be sure to post project-in-progress pics. Do you have more pics posted somewhere? What does it weigh?

I'd love a dual waterfall-over-hammer keyboard. I'd have a hard time with the top keyboard shifted that far over, since I often play an organ chord left hand while playing rhythmic grace licks with right on piano. But I can see why you did it that way; it makes perfect sense.

Archived