Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Parts for Motion Sound amp?

MuzikTeechur

I just picked up a KP-200s for short money on CL, but it's missing some parts:

ALL the knobs. ($2/ea on Motion Sound's site) (is this a problem with MS? I see lots of these amps with missing knobs)

ALL but one of the screws on the back (N/A through MS)

The MS logo on the front (again, N/A through MS)

The inset screw washers/grommets on the front grille.

Also, the fabric on the grille is stained and worn.

Anyone have a source for this stuff, OTHER than Motion Sound? I'm not particular on the knobs, but I don't have one to bring to Home Depot for comparison in case they have something that'll work. Ditto on the machine screws holding the amp in place - I suppose I can just bring my one remaining screw to a hardware store and start searching.

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, don't know source for parts. I did have to open mine up because the bolts/nuts holding the electronics to the chassis became very loose. This made the knobs "wobbly" and I suspect might eventually cause them to come off. Tightened them and everything is fine. I've only done this once in ten years, but I don't gig that often. Otherwise, I've been happy with the unit..it was the best compromise for me at the time and I like the stereo imaging. However, if I had to replace it today, I would almost certainly go the powered PA speaker route.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Archived