Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Big Alan Parsons piano sample for Motif XS/XF (and others)

Sam Mullins

Saw this mentioned on motifator today:

Clonk

916Mb on Motif XF (and I'm assuming MOXF).

Will be interested to see what people think once it hits the street.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already discussion going on over at Motif....imo way too big......means a user would have to sacrifice 90% of a 1 gig flash card for ONE instrument.

Granted, I think the XF can install two flash cards (as opposed the the MOXF 1), but still.....

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Interesting, but two comments:

If the WAVs total 916MB for the Motif XF, you would have to buy and dedicate a full 1GB flash board to accomodate this. I think that they run about $300. Of course, I'm guessing that the software will also set you back about $100 or so.

The press release refers to Sampletank 3. This update has been rumored for years. Sonic Reality should be in the know, though.

Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha AN200, Logic Pro X,  Arturia Microbrute, Behringer Model D, Yamaha UX-3 Acoustic Piano, assorted homemade synth modules

Yeah, I only have one 512 card in my MOXF6. So it isn't likely I would ever buy the 1 Gig card just to accomodate this. (although I might buy it for Kontakt if it's reasonably priced.)

I guess I'm more interested in the trend here than the specific product. Consider this, the Kronos, and some of the larger Nord libraries: we may be seeing hardware piano samples catch up to some degree in the next few years. Yes, I know that some of software libraries are 20-40 Gig. But if done properly, I'm guessing the difference between a 1 Gig hardware sample libary and a 20G softwrae is probably much less than when we were comparing 10-50 meg for hardware to 1-2 Gig for software a few years ago.

(And yes, before someone says it, I'm aware that people can produce really crappy, huge sample libraries. Size isn't everything.)

Sam

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Archived