Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Crumar Mojo Owners - Your Thoughts

bryanstern

I have an SK1 and wanting to get more serious about organ.

Obviously, having an upper and lower keyboards would helpful

over the single keyboard SK1.

What are you thoughts on the Mojo?

1. Keyboard feel

2. Organ Sounds

3. Electric Piano sounds

4. Ease of use

5. Dependability (anybody in North America need service? How'd it go?)

6. How long from ordering to receiving keyboard?

Thanks.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

c'mon Joe, it's only 19 pages long! :)

Twenty and you might have a complaint! :laugh:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

An update to the old thread might be in order in the near future, because Guido at Crumar recently alluded to the fact that there may be a significant new update to the Mojo sound engine coming along shortly.

I actually had my first experience playing a Mojo recently, but it was on a bandstand so in some ways it is not fair for me to comment . Generally I make evaluations based on how things sound through headphones and then hopefully I can get that to translate to amplification systems.

My encounter with the Mojo on stage was actually confusing. I thought the layout was rather tricky. But I would assume that would eventually resolve itself if I had been given more time with it.

My best experience on that particular stage was when I played a Numa through a Ventilator but through the same speaker system. Now to me, that was really good. I actually did not use the "spin" on the Ventilator but instead used the "Horn Level" on the Vent to control some of the shrillness that the Numa produces through a pair of QSC 8's.

I also used a combination of the Vent overdrive and the Numa overdrive together and got some impressive results.

Once again, I am holding out on purchasing a Mojo sight unseen until the newest OS ( or what ever they are calling it) comes out. Hopefully this will also be available to current Mojo users.

Kudos to Crumar for being one of the most user friendly companies on the Keyboard planet. I am highly anticipating hearing their latest offering.

I am not trying to be an ass. I am a nice guy.

Not sure where you are from but if you are an American and you want to get serious about organ and you have space in you home. find and old Hammond CV or RT or etc..... It will carry over stylistically in how you play keyboards like the Mojo, Nords, XKs, SKs etc....

It is more than just twin manuals. Preset keys, 4 sets of drawbars, pedals, oil, spit, multiple key contacts etc.... you will be hooked.

If you are from Europe then maybe not. Model T spinets bring real money in the UK. If you have no space for an organ that is another issue.

You can get a clean old CV or about $400.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I am not trying to be an ass. I am a nice guy.

Not sure where you are from but if you are an American and you want to get serious about organ and you have space in you home. find and old Hammond CV or RT or etc..... It will carry over stylistically in how you play keyboards like the Mojo, Nords, XKs, SKs etc....

It is more than just twin manuals. Preset keys, 4 sets of drawbars, pedals, oil, spit, multiple key contacts etc.... you will be hooked.

If you are from Europe then maybe not. Model T spinets bring real money in the UK. If you have no space for an organ that is another issue.

You can get a clean old CV or about $400.

Nothing against Crumar, etc., but I wanted a Mojo when they came out. I ended up finding a Leslie 45 someone was throwing out and getting a good deal on an A-100. It was much less money than a Mojo, even including money I spent on things like the kit to attach the Leslie, new felts, etc. I don't regret it one bit. The Mojo is still at the top of my list when I have the organ gigs to justify it.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

An update to the old thread might be in order in the near future, because Guido at Crumar recently alluded to the fact that there may be a significant new update to the Mojo sound engine coming along shortly.

Once again, I am holding out on purchasing a Mojo sight unseen until the newest OS ( or what ever they are calling it) comes out. Hopefully this will also be available to current Mojo users.

Kudos to Crumar for being one of the most user friendly companies on the Keyboard planet. I am highly anticipating hearing their latest offering.

LX88,

Crumar posted on their FB page that the Mojo update will be available next week. I believe it's been ready for a while and the hold up was getting the documentation completed.. Us mojo owners are all excited about the new features (and I believe there are lot's of them).. ALSO, and this is very interesting, Crumar showed an image of an LCD display and controls for a small external hardware editor for the Mojo, that can be used instead of the display/mouse. My assumption would be that it communicates with the Mojo via midi. Always new and innovative things coming from the guys at Crumar.

Craig MacDonald

Hammond BV, Franken-B (A100 in a BV cabinet), Leslies 122/147/44W, Crumar Mojo, HX3 module, Korg Kronos, VR-09, Roland GAIA, Burn, Ventilator

Archived