Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Super Bowl Halftime Funk Prediction

Dave Weiser

The pageantry in the Super Bowl is just as important as the game, really, as least as far the people in production are concerned. Hell, maybe even more so, since, for a large portion of the viewing audience, this is the only football game they'll watch all year. Combine with the fact that 99% of the general population either doesn't know or doesn't care when they see a performance when tracks are used and...there ya go.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved the overall show, loved Bruno, hated the Chili's and hated the use of backing tracks but I understand the why's of it. The first thing I saw was the horn guys jumping around with no mic's and thought too bad but my next thought was for the Superbowl it's gotta be perfect. Nobody but the few in the biz knew it or cared. I'll be curious to read some reviews about it tomorrow.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

By contrast, I'm watching a documentary of Billy Joel playing Russia in 1987. Not only were there no tracks, but on Allentown, they actually had a guy hammering a big long chunk of steel for the sound fx.

That guy hammering the pipe is one of my favourite sound FX ever , and showing how to properly make music , I think he was the Sax player too.

Brett

Archived