Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Epic NAMM jam - can you help me identify this artist?

OB Dave

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Myron McKinley? His name is on the performance timetable behind the board...

http://www.rolandus.com/images/community/insider/articles/2009-06-15_myron_mckinley/myron_mckinley.jpg

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Damn... That's some incredible balls-to-the-wall playing.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

Myron McKinley? His name is on the performance timetable behind the board...

http://www.rolandus.com/images/community/insider/articles/2009-06-15_myron_mckinley/myron_mckinley.jpg

I think you may be right...

If it is indeed Myron, here he is playing playing a demo for Kurz.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

Yeah you are right. I think he was / is also EWF's musical director and wrote a lot their material. He was therefore effectively their main musical man and not just an obscure sideman like so many keyboardists in high-profile bands that they don't front are.

Yeah you are right. I think he was / is also EWF's musical director and wrote a lot their material. He was therefore effectively their main musical man and not just an obscure sideman like so many keyboardists in high-profile bands that they don't front are.

He's a great musician, and a really nice guy. But I don't know where you're getting your info from... he joined the band in 2001... so not sure what material you're referring to. This reads like you crossed Myron and Larry Dunn's contributions to the band.

But the guy can sure play!

Jerry

He's a great musician, and a really nice guy. But I don't know where you're getting your info from... he joined the band in 2001... so not sure what material you're referring to. This reads like you crossed Myron and Larry Dunn's contributions to the band.

But the guy can sure play!

Jerry

Yeah you're right he didn't write a lot of EWF's classic material. He joined EWF late in 2001 but he is commonly referred to on various internet sites as the "musical director, arranger, composer, etc." for EWF.

http://blip.tv/rehearsal-space/rehearsal-space-myron-mckinley-1476115

But then again the internet is not always a reliable source.

BTW... It's good to hear that he's not only is a monster player but he is also a nice guy.

http://blip.tv/rehearsal-space/rehearsal-space-myron-mckinley-1476115

"Myron McKinley has been the musical director and keyboard player of the seminal band Earth, Wind and Fire Earth, Wind & Fire for more than eight years. With a strong musical background that extends from jazz to hip hop, he creates the seamless segues between hit songs during the band's ninety minute continuous sets."

Now this makes sense - they have a lot of cool interludes and segues in their show. But "the book" of E,W&F was written a long time ago. :-)

Jerry

Archived