Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Music Downloads

J. Dan

Whenever we learn new songs, I always buy them from iTunes to learn them. However, some songs just aren't on there. This just happened to be the case with Lola, by the Kinks. There's live and tribute band versions, but not the original. What's odd is that I found it on YouTube and it says it's from the Kinks Complete Collection. I have the "Complete Collection - 20th anniversary edition" on vinyl, and Lola's not on there! I ended up just downloading the YouTube audio as an MP3, but I'd rather buy it. Does anybody have any other music download sites they use that they could recommend that would be likely to have it, and that do single song downloads?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do the same thing you do. Occasionally, I'll find something on the Amazon music store that's not on iTunes, but if it's a rare version, it's strip the MP3 from Youtube route. But I'd rather pay if possible.

Life is too short to be playing bad music.

I think generally, if it's not on one it's not on any, at least for legit sites.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

J Dan

Try using Chordie, it's site with every song possible with different variations by different groups. The charts are given in chord or guitar tabs. If you find a song that is close but not exact you can edit it and you can also change the keys at the hit of a button. Great place to start. Good luck.

Steve

How can any "complete" collection of Kinks not include Lola?

:facepalm:

I know, and it seems like the original "complete collection" had it, but the 20th anniversary edition didn't. That coupled with having trouble finding it makes me wonder if there was some legal battle along the way or something.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

You couldn't get it off the Oz site JD?

I haven't downloaded it yet, but yes, it appears that I can, thanks. I was responding to the others about it not being on the "complete" collection, iTunes, or Amazon.

Dan

Okay cool... I was going to suggest if you couldn't I would buy it for you :-) and send it to you...but if you can get it, great.

FWIW I am amazed that something is on an OZ site that is not on any others, it's usually the other way around :D .....does make it seem that there could be sort of issue with it...

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

That's what I was thinking - maybe a legal battle in the US or something?

Dan

Surely it still cannot be anything re censorship? I had a small hunt and found that possibly there was a dispute between Arista and RCA as to which firm owns the US rights - but that is probs old news...

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Surely it still cannot be anything re censorship? I had a small hunt and found that possibly there was a dispute between Arista and RCA as to which firm owns the US rights - but that is probs old news...

Yeah, I'm guessing it has something to do with US distribution rights.

Dan

Archived