Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ableton Live 9 users

BluesKeys

I found a used Mac opp OS X 2.7 Proc. i5, 8g ram, 1000g HD and 27 inch screen with Ableton Live 9.

The computer was not hooked to internet and when I pulled up Ableton 9 it wanted me to authorize it. Is there any way to find the serial number or authorize it once it is installed? The guy that has the computer, buys them and resells them, so he wont have the box or serial number.

Also if you are a Mac person is $900 a good deal for this computer?

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't so much an Ableton question, but basically you've got the demo installed on that machine, and if you want to run this very nice $500 software package, you'll have to pony up with the gents in Germany (or a local retailer) and buy a license. Something tells me that, if it was owned by the previous owner of that computer, they would have unauthorized it to put on their new computer.

Your description is unclear as to what type of computer this is... iMac 27"? Not sure what "Mac opp" means. ;)

For a point of reference, a 27" iMac w/i5 core @ 2.9GHz, 8GB Ram, 1TB HDD is $1399 on Apple's refurb site:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FD095LL/A]Clonk here

Mind you, that comes with a 1 year factory warranty, so you know what you're getting.

thanks Sven, I figured it was something like that. It is an iMac 27 and the operating system is OS X. I was thinking if it came with working Ableton Live 9 it might be a bargin. I'll have to keep looking. I really want to switch to Mac and will eventually find the right package.

PS good to have you back.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

thanks Sven, I figured it was something like that. It is an iMac 27 and the operating system is OS X. I was thinking if it came with working Ableton Live 9 it might be a bargin. I'll have to keep looking. I really want to switch to Mac and will eventually find the right package.

Well, that's not a bad price, even without Ableton... ;)

PS good to have you back.

:D Thanks... good to be back. :thu:

Archived