Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Replacing an old friend

earl the pearl

Time to replace the ageing SP76! Love it like a child but I know theres something out there I will like better. Got the itch!Using only for piano and EPs as the VR will take care of organ and horn/strings I need for Classic covers. Budget is telling me about a grand.Maybe a used 300NX or something equivalent. Suggestions from the experts who have been so helpfull in the past?

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what its all about?

Nord E5D, EV ZLX12P, MX61

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SP4-7 - I had an SP88X back around 2005 so I'm familiar with the SP76 sounds, got a PC2 to replace it. All the sounds from the SP plus others.

Plus - real wheels for pitch and mod instead of the SP76 type.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Pianos and EPs - I second the above suggestions (although I'm not wild about the Kurz AP and Casio EPs), and throw in a third: Korg SV1/73 (if you want that six-octave size)? I know some aren't mad about the APs, but I quite liked them. And the EPs sound great through the on-board valve.

Cheers, Mike.

I like the Kurzweil sounds. so (of course) I would also suggest the SP4-7. However try it out first. The feel of the keys is a little different from your SP76. I was playing an SP88x at church and then moved up to a SP4-8. I like the added features and more voices of the newer SP, but I'll still miss the rugged build and the simple OS of the original SP. ~BOB
I'm practicing so that people can maybe go "wow" at an imaginary gig I'll never play. -Nadroj

Archived