Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rachel Flowers at NAMM

HammondDave

We all saw her do it with the real thing... now here she is with a C2D.

Amazing talent!

[video:youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=THoZ4TDeBi4&feature=youtu.be

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We all saw her so it with the real thing... now here she is with a C2D.

Amazing talent!

[video:youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=THoZ4TDeBi4&feature=youtu.be

love it. She is as note for note perfect as possible. Foot pedal work slays me. timekeeping is flawless.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

I love the ending. Her enthusiasm is amazing! Watching her at the end of this video brings joy to my heart.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

She is really something. I love the older videos where she played Emo's modular. There's an example of someone who works really hard and has achieved much for her efforts.

Every time I see videos of her, I stop complaining about all the stuff I don't have.

The girl ROCKS!!!

Tom

Nord Electro 5D, Modal Cobalt 8, Yamaha upright piano, numerous plug-ins...

She also does pretty well on Tarkus...

[video:youtube]

Not prog-rock, but as long as we're celebrating this young lady's talent...did we mention she's got a decent voice to boot?

Just beautiful. I've been following her videos for awhile now.

The best part, to me, is seeing the pure joy on her face when she's playing music.

She is 30 years younger than me and has 30 to the tenth power talent that I have. She plays other instruments as well. That she can also pull off many styles of music is amazing.

Love all of it.

As others have said, it makes me feel unworthy and sends me to the woodshed. That's okay. Nothing make me happier than seeing a kid (to me at 21 she's a kid), be able to get so much joy and express so much talent in music.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

As fine as her playing is, her lovely bit of delicate singing brought to mind Barbara Gaskin, who has sung with Dave Stewart (National Health, Bruford and solo) as a duo. He said her voice had its own quiet range that really blossomed when mic'd and effected just so. I'd love to see someone encourage that in Rachel. It'd be a real cherry on top. Anyone who can pull off "Tarkus" like that can justify a big tip jar.

"Why can't they just make up something of their own?"
           ~ The great Richard Matheson, on the movie remakes of his book, "I Am Legend"

I've long maintained the the 3rd Impression section that she played is the single hardest Emerson for Hammond ever, and the only music of his I've tried that I've never been able to fully nail. To hear it played so effortlessly - regardless of the issues - is just freakin' awesome.

..Joe

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Archived