Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP Billy Powell

HammondDave

Sometimes I lose track of who's still around, and who isn't. And no, it's not age: I embarrassed myself thoroughly in the mid 80's - at a band rehearsal, no less - by thinking that John Bonham was still alive. :blush::facepalm:

You must have been thinking of his wife, Helena Bonham Carter

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sometimes I lose track of who's still around, and who isn't. And no, it's not age: I embarrassed myself thoroughly in the mid 80's - at a band rehearsal, no less - by thinking that John Bonham was still alive. :blush::facepalm:

You must have been thinking of his wife, Helena Bonham Carter

Oddly coincidental... My favorite bartender in the NW, Chicago 'burbs looks like her.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

He was one of the first rock keyboard players that I really took note of when I was a kid, really liking what he was doing, such as on that live Lynyrd Skynyrd album. I'm not really saying he was an influence because I don't play a darn thing like him and am not really a rock player (I'm more of a weirdo keyboard player, although I was classically trained), but I really thought he was super great. I wish I could have seen him perform in person.

Archived