Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Drummer humor

mate stubb

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laugh all you want but drummers get a lot more chicks than keyboardists, especially really dumb ones with lots of tats and attitude who can play loud double kick chops at 200 bpm while wearing wife beater t-shirts.

:rimshot:

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

that's pretty funny but Buddy and Louie both played double kick
You are right about Mr. Rich and Mr. Bellson. But don't forget one of my favs... IMO the king of the double kick, Ed Shaughnessy, the old Tonight Show drummer who played with Doc and the band for 20 years or more.

BTW... I was a closet keyboardist during the mid 70's to early 80's, while publically playing drums mainly in rock bands, hence my rather aggressive defense of drummers.

A few more stream-of-consciousness comments about drumming... IMO drums are probably about the easiest instrument to become mediocre at but one of the more difficult instruments to truly excel at, which I never did.

My come-to-Jesus moment on drums, when I realized I would never be a really good drummer, was seeing Billy Cobham play at the Mississippi River festival in Carbondale (Cairo?) Illinois in about 1979 - 1980. Up until that point I thought I was the sheeeit on drums. After seeing Cobham live, I realized that no matter how hard I worked I could simply never play as fast or precise as him. I recall his arms, at times, were moving so fast they looked like a hummingbird's wings and I swear, even though there were probably 20000 people, he was looking at me and yawning. But then again, I was under the influence of really good acid. ;)

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

that's pretty funny but Buddy and Louie both played double kick

I never ever saw Buddy play double kick, all the times I saw him on TV, or even in any pictures.

Double pedal maybe?

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/ultimateclassicrock.com/files/2012/03/Rich.jpg

Moe

---

Although he usually played one bass, Buddy played a double bass kit some in the late 40's.

Archived