Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A good arranger/workstation worth $1000 - $1500

AJROCKZ

Hello everyone,

Well, i own a psr 1100 (quite outdated now) and i'd like to get myself a good arranger with awesome styles preferably modern rock and trance..with mp3 support and possibly mic. I am usually a one man band performer, but i play in my band as well..

I saw reviews the korg pa900, roland bk9 and yamaha s910 in person. i certainly do not want s 910.. Im in a real dilemma here..as i'd like to buy one this month for the coming stage program that i have..please help..which should i go for? is there any other keyboard I should look out for??? :\

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They recently did an upgrade in the psr-s series. Psr-S750 psr-s950 ect. I own a psr-s710 and also have an older psr-740. I don't know what the review said but I play for my livelihood and the psrs came a long way! They are even putting a small but competent synth in them now. They are built tough and even if your not a tweaker, the way it sounds out of the box sounds very pleasing to an audience. They incorperated a 'playing the whole board' kindda vibe and by making it connectable to a data bank on the internet, it makes honoring requests easier than ever. I wouldn't vote it out just yet. Those things are beasts and leave the user with enough tools to make any musical goal very achievable. *the writer of this post is not endorsed or sponsered by Yamaha but wishes to be. Or anyone with info on how to do that...hook a brother up* :laugh:
"A good mix is subjective to one's cilia." http://hitnmiss.yolasite.com

The Roland GW-8 doesn't get a lot of mention, but it's marketed as a synth yet has arranger capabilities. It's got a nice compact form factor and a decent Roland sound set.

I bought one a few years ago and didn't have much luck with it, as it didn't suit what I was trying to do at the time. That doesn't mean that it would not work for someone else.

If you're doing modern rock and trance, maybe one of the new Roland FA workstations would fit your need.

At your price point, you can get a Yamaha psr s750, Korg PA 600, or a Roland bk 5. Yamaha is said to have a more polished "CD" sound while the Korg is said to have a more punchy live sound. You could maybe even find a older model top of line used instrument like a Yamaha Tyros, Korg PA, or Roland G70 in your price range. Trouble is, in the USA it's hard to find stores that carry mid to top line arrangers. Spend some time on YouTube and try find arranger players that play your type of music. Good luck!

I recently purchased a Korg PA600 new for $850. Definitely more "live" sounding than the Yamaha arrangers I've used in the past (still have a PSR2000). No vocal processor, however - for that I think you need to move up to the PA900 at a considerably higher price point. I'm told sounds and styles from the higher line (PA3X type) Korgs can be used on the PA600 also. In my view, PA600 = great bang for the buck.

Archived