Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Minor Vent Problem

StanC

As I was setting up for a gig on Saturday I noticed my Vent was not working. (I have it permanently mounted with all line and power connections in my rack so at set up the only connection required is a line to the XK-1. I control speed with a half moon that is stored in the rack and attached to the XK-1 for use.)

As I was checking all plugs to be sure none had backed out I noticed the bypass light was lit. Aha! Here's the problem! But when I switched to "Off" the light remained on and the bypass was still enabled. After several tries on the switch, the light remained on. OK. Trouble Shooting Electronics 101 = Power Recycle. Sure enough after unplugging and re-plugging the Vent, the problem was cured.

Any other Vent users experience this and/or know what the cause may have been?

Thanks!

Stan

Gig Rig: Yamaha S90 XS; Hammond SK-1; Rehearsal: Yamaha MOX8 Korg Triton Le61, Yamaha S90, Hammond XK-1

Retired: Hammond M2/Leslie 145, Wurly 200, Ensoniq VFX

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had weird problems when I had the NEO footswitch hooked up. After awhile I opened up the footswitch and saw I had the micro switches set up all wrong and the battery was also about dead. I set these issues right and have had no similar problems.

FunMachine.

I'd write it off as a power related issue. You appear to have the fix which is a power cycle off, then back on. I wouldn't be concerned about it unless new/different issues begin to surface.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

The power could have flickered while you set it up (either at the source or simply when you plugged in your rack and the plug jiggled) causing the Vent to be in an unstable state.

What DelawareDave said.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

What the heck does the neo footswitch need a battery for?

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions! I'm calling it a "non-problem" until there's reason not to!

Stan

Gig Rig: Yamaha S90 XS; Hammond SK-1; Rehearsal: Yamaha MOX8 Korg Triton Le61, Yamaha S90, Hammond XK-1

Retired: Hammond M2/Leslie 145, Wurly 200, Ensoniq VFX

What the heck does the neo footswitch need a battery for?

If it is anything like the Boss FS-5L (latching) footswitch I have, it is probably only used for the on indicator LED although the Boss has a switch to reverse the indicator for the user's preference of when it is on or off. Not sure if there is any circuitry involved with that or not.

John Cassetty

"there is no dark side of the moon, really. As a matter of fact it's all dark"

No, the neo footswitch has micro dip switches inside and can do 8 different switching functions (incl.122 style, 760 style, latched and momentary, Slow / Fast only).

Sorry Kas, you slipped in with the answer before I posted and for the most part, mine was just based on how the Boss pedal worked with my CX-3. Thanks for the input!

John Cassetty

"there is no dark side of the moon, really. As a matter of fact it's all dark"

Archived