Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What you REALLY missed at NAMM!

Aidan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got an MP3 alarm clock? Put that on a loop and you'll never oversleep again. Better for getting you out of bed than the Ramones or opera.

"Why can't they just make up something of their own?"
           ~ The great Richard Matheson, on the movie remakes of his book, "I Am Legend"

They're for sale on Amazon. But you'd need three to make them really effective as a weapon.

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

Yes they're real. I have one that I bought in Japan last year.

Please tell me you're not developing a patch for the PX-5S!

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

That Pianoarc thing definitely looks like my next keyboard. All you jackals can circle and place bets on the area of the keybed where you think I will injure my hands next!

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

The only thing I can think of after seeing that Otomatone video is...finally, an electronic instrument ideal for the realization of the music of P.D.Q. Bach. :D

Professor Schickele, your latest Devious Instrument has arrived!

LOL

TP

---

Todd A. Phipps

"...no, I'm not a Hammondoholic...I can stop anytime..."

http://www.facebook.com/b3nut ** http://www.blueolives.com

The haunting sound of the Otomatone...

[video:youtube]

Set, game, match - you win the internet for today.

(And it still sounds better than the wankers who often drop by the booth to shred whilst pitch-bending EP and Clav presets.)

For crying out loud, where to begin ..

Being present myself to talk to the Yamaha developers/researchers. Presentations of interesting software/hardware that puts interesting research (CCRMA ?!) into thrilling products, and SSL total recall analog mixer with no motorized noting, yet fully automated, including eqs and routing.

A written explanation about why Sequential, Moog, Ensoniq, Eminent, Kurzweil etc went belly up in the course of tine. And preferably why the major British studio/sound magazine isn't called "the cozy bros" or something.

Where to find audio schools where one can actually learn something instead of a lot of trivial and rather senseless rambling without a cause.

Oh and interviews or funny shopping behavior from or inspired by actual good A-grade acts, list too long to mention. An interview with one of the great actual synth designers out there with actual respect and some business info that isn't too repulsing, etc etc.

I don't know, and a lot of other trade show stuff.

Maybe this !:

[video:youtube]

at least having some nice videos with interesting enough subjects isn't missing. Even while not being there.

T.

Maybe this !:

Well, that Schmidt sounds great and looks well build !

Hats off for the guy continuously developing and improving even it is an extreme luxurious niche product.

If I´d had the funds, I´d buy it to support his idealism alone and it would probably replace any other analogue I own anyway.

A.C.

Archived