Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anaheim/ NAMM questions.

I-missRichardTee

Hours on Sunday... worth going on Sunday, or is it just a quick wind down?

I know of people have gotten deals on gear there... I just need, believe it or not, some quarter inches cables... I would think they are not for sale, but had to ask!

After thought, a small PC laptop... is there any likelihood of this being available?

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday is like any other day. You do not go to NAMM to buy things. Your bags are checked when you exit to make sure you didn't pick up display merchandise. Everything is display. There might be "show specials" but these are usual also offered at the company website for everyone. One-off, one of a kind instruments (read extremely expensive) are sold but these are generally shipped to you. As far as mundane items like cables, even if they were sold (which they are not), gas and parking would more than offset any discount. NAMM is a place to see things that are hard to find in local shops and a few newly announced things. It is not a retail destination. Also, there are no computer vendors there.

Busch.

George L will sell you their cables, etc. on the floor. You can bring stuff out if you have a specific receipt. I have also bought software and a few other small items, not really sure if you can purchase anything like a keyboard or guitar.

NAMM is definitely not a shopping mall. That said, some vendors will sell things like cases and cables at cost because they don't want to deal with packing them up and taking them back, so these are available. I know people who go and pick up stuff upon occasion. I seriously doubt anything else, such as a PC laptop, would be available at any price.

If you do purchase things, many of them will be shipped to you, and those that are not, like small little items...you should get a receipt for those.

But technically, many of the vendors are not supposed to be selling things since it's a trade show.

Thank you guys. What are the hours Sunday 0_0 . So I do have a shot at some cables. Cool. That was the sense I had. "It is but it isn't", thing. No guarantees. I knew guys told me they made sweet deals in the past

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

People buy stuff all the time, for us keyboardists, not likely at all since nothing will be available until later this year anyway and all the floor models are prototypes and not production models. But a lot of smaller guitar manufacturers sell their axes on the floor. You'll have to fill out a form proving that you bought it and didn't steal it.

I've bought cases, stands, guitar strings and saxophone mouthpieces at NAMM. Sunday is the day for sales. Many guitars get sold as soon as the show begins on Thursday, the exhibitor will mark them as "SOLD" if they're accounted for. They will either be shipped or picked up by the buyer on Sunday.

Companies like Ernie Ball strings will sell bass string sets for $10 and guitar strings for $5 starting 4:30 on Sunday. You'll see the line forming. On-Stage Stands also sell their display items. I've gotten keyboard stands and music stands from them in previous years.

I'm broke this year, so no Sunday shopping from me :)

Archived