Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Carvin SB5000

Wally Malone

The SB5000 ended up in a picture at the Thunder In Boulder Creek GTG on Sunday. Even with many high end basses and some costing twice as much this bass was a big hit that day and in fact one very good player stated it was the bass of the day.

http://www.talkbass.com/threads/thunder-in-boulder-creek-ii.1058751/page-6

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The SB5000 ended up in a picture at the Thunder In Boulder Creek GTG on Sunday. Even with many high end basses and some costing twice as much this bass was a big hit that day and in fact one very good player stated it was the bass of the day.

http://www.talkbass.com/threads/thunder-in-boulder-creek-ii.1058751/page-6

Bass of the Day? That's really saying something, Wally!

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the best update is it is the only bass I've been playing the last three weeks and loving it. I ordered a set of spare strings and had to order a six-string set due to the E-C and Carvin doesn't sell E-C sets.

Wally

I ordered a set of spare strings and had to order a six-string set due to the E-C and Carvin doesn't sell E-C sets.

Wally

That's crap! Surely they would sell you the strings that you need? I mean you special ordered a premium bass and now you have to buy the six string set of strings because they don't "sell" the 5 string set in E-C? I mean, c'mon, they "make" them!!! I'd be on the phone with my Carvin Special Order guy for that one.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've now had this bass for two months and the honeymoon is definitely not over, I'm totally loving this bass. Everything feels just right and looking forward to some upcoming gigs. Still just playing this bass and although I thought the gas went away down the road I may consider this same bass strung E-C in a fretless. Oh, and if so it will be green.

Wally

So much for my thoughts on a fretless SB5000. I go to the Carvin page today and find the SB models have been discontinued for a regular looking jazz bass. I'm sure it has to do with the body shape, which I think is perfect but there are those that like the traditional Fender body shape.

Wally

Bass? What bass? I don't see no steenkin' bass!

Still no good shots yet Nancy. When I do get some David (EPB) has offered to host them for me. Now all I have to do is have my bass out of the house and be near someone with a camera.

Wally

Archived