Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

accessing magazine subscription through Ipad app?

LeesKeys

So i have a digital subscription to Keyboard Player. i downloaded the Ipad app, thinking I could view issues through the app, but all i find is issue covers with a lock icon over them and no way to view issues other than clicking "subscribe" which I already do!!! What to do?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You didn't specify how you got your digital subscription. I converted my paper subscription to digital and had expected it to be accessible in the iPad Newstand. An email to the folks at Keyboard set me straight. I receive a link for each issue via email that opens the issue in my browser. The magazine app is nicely done; the zoom feature allows the content to work reasonably well with the iPad form factor. I read in landscape mode, and have never bothered to try it on my laptop.

-jb

The impression I got was that there's no connection between a subscription managed by the Keyboard staff and a subscription through the newsstand ( other than the content, of course). If you signed up for a digital subscription through the Keyboard website, it will come by email. If you signed up via Newstand, I think there are help links in the App after you click on the specific publication.

Hmmm. If that's the case, then the way it's presented in my monthly new issue email notification is misleading- beside the link to "access this month's digital edition" is an icon encouraging me to "download or iPad app", intimating, at least in my mind, that I should be able to view my digital subscription using this app.

I called Keyboard Magazine on the old phone-a-roony, and they said a subscription to the paper mag does not include viewing the online mag! I am disappointed that they did not make that clear before changing their policy.

I used to read it online, audio examples were very interesting. A magazine about sound that I subscribe to, that I can't listen to online, like I used to. Disappointing.

Kurzweil PC3-76

Archived