Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Case for Moog Sub Phatty

Bobadohshe

I need a decent way to store my Sub Phatty as I'm not using it a ton at the moment, have limited space, but want it to be protected.

Does anyone have a solution for synths of these dimensions?

I see this on Sweetwater:

Moog Sub Phatty Gig Bag

I'm a bit wary of having a soft case for the Sub Phatty but if it is beefy and durable it would probably serve for storing in the garage when I'm not using it, or transporting in the car and handling with kid gloves if I use it on a gig.

Are there any hard case solutions? What do other sub phatty owners do?

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Moog gig bags are not bad, I have one for my LP, but I load my own gear and handle it properly.

I've been thinking of a hard case for it- and actually have a big old Samsonite type suitcase that I wanted to use but it's just a tad short for the LP to fit in. My plan was to put the gig bag in the suitcase. It'd fit without the gig bag, if I glued some foam into the case I'd have something serviceable. You might be able to do something like that. Some good foam and a suitcase from a thrift store.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

FWIW I am scoring the SubPhatty ATA case via Sweetwater.

Ooh I hadn't seen that. This may be what I'm looking for. The only issue I need to consider now is whether I want to spend $60 on a soft case or 5 times that on a hard case....

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

Whenever the online retailer has 'This product is out of stock but is expected to arrive shortly' I am always wary and usually search for other solutions. I know there really wasn't one in your case. In other words, I sympathize but am not surprised.

Whenever the online retailer has 'This product is out of stock but is expected to arrive shortly' I am always wary and usually search for other solutions. I know there really wasn't one in your case. In other words, I sympathize but am not surprised.

Oh, it was always a special order and I am starting to regret doing it. I tried to cancel the order due to the delay but sweetwatwr said no dice. Why, I don't know. Sweetwater is slowly but surely starting to really disappoint me.

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

FWIW I am scoring the SubPhatty ATA case via Sweetwater. It is taking FOREVER to get it, and the price ain't cheap. However, I do believe this axe will be in my grubby hands for years and I do plan on taking it out on gigs so to me it is worth it.

What about a custom case company? My case for my bass pedals was made to order, was finished in a reasonable time, and came nowhere near that figure. Other cases have been quite affordable also. :idk

I am leery of Moog's soft cases. I bought the Fooger bag and the zippers broke the day I bought it. I bought the Moog\Gator ATA Case for my Little Phatty and it has not held up well. It is not built very well. I did not like how the hinges were not attached. When you opened the case it split into 2 parts. Very Awkward when you are trying to tear down quickly.

After purchasing some crappy road cases, I started building my own. Expensive to do, but they look great and protect my investment.

I have a feeling that Moog case is special order, because Moog is not stocking the case and are working with a case company that is building as they are ordered. That is probably the reason they won`t let you cancel the order. It does look like a nice sturdy case.

I am leery of Moog's soft cases. I bought the Fooger bag and the zippers broke the day I bought it. I bought the Moog\Gator ATA Case for my Little Phatty and it has not held up well. It is not built very well. I did not like how the hinges were not attached. When you opened the case it split into 2 parts. Very Awkward when you are trying to tear down quickly.

After purchasing some crappy road cases, I started building my own. Expensive to do, but they look great and protect my investment.

I have a feeling that Moog case is special order, because Moog is not stocking the case and are working with a case company that is building as they are ordered. That is probably the reason they won`t let you cancel the order. It does look like a nice sturdy case.

I understand. I am just impatient that's all. Story of my life. :)

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Archived