Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New boards for 2014: DSI Mopho X4 and a Casio PX-5S.

Steve Force

Clearing out the old, bringing in the new. After Jimmy Alfredson absolutely rocking (bluesing??) the Casio PX-5S I decided to move my Yamaha CP33 and score one. I think it is being shipped TODAY! :thu:

AND...... Later today, via UPS, my new DSI Mopho X4 is arriving.

These will join my "old" (so 2013) Moog SubPhatty, Hammond XK3C and last but not least, Fender Rhodes Mark I in my mancave.

Had to part with the DSI Evolvers but wanted a small footprint, polyphonic analog synth that I can couple with the Prophet 08 Rack.

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clearing out the old, bringing in the new. After Jimmy Alfredson absolutely rocking (bluesing??) the Casio PX-5S I decided to move my Yamaha CP33 and score one. I think it is being shipped TODAY! :thu:

AND...... Later today, via UPS, my new DSI Mopho X4 is arriving.

These will join my "old" (so 2013) Moog SubPhatty, Hammond XK3C and last but not least, Fender Rhodes Mark I in my mancave.

Had to part with the DSI Evolvers but wanted a small footprint, polyphonic analog synth that I can couple with the Prophet 08 Rack.

Cool Steve. Let us know how the polychain works for you. When I swapped my Tetra for my P08 rack, I considered the X4. But I really wanted the one-knob per function which I don't think you get with the mopho keyboards. But I guess you could program sounds on the PO8 and the X4 gives you enough knobs to have good real-time control.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Polychain for the most part works just swell! The exceptions are the P08 does not support the sub Octave control (the thing that makes the MOFO x4 AND the SubPhatty so friggin cool) nor the Feedback function; however, having 12 VOICES available simply rocks. :thu:

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Cool Steve. Let us know how the polychain works for you. When I swapped my Tetra for my P08 rack, I considered the X4. But I really wanted the one-knob per function which I don't think you get with the mopho keyboards. But I guess you could program sounds on the PO8 and the X4 gives you enough knobs to have good real-time control.

OK, I have spent a few minutes noodling with the Mopho x4 and quite frankly, find the interface to be Highly Intuitive, and that is coming off of a Evolver! I will not yet say it is easier to use than the Evolver ...but...I am right now leaning that way. Right now I do not miss the separate knobs.

In any case DSI's Mopho x4 is, IMO, a winner.

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

How do you like the keybed? I'm missing a pressure sensitive synth keyboard and I have heard good things about the DSI keys. I played the original Mopho keyboard quite a while ago and remember liking it.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

So the Casio PX-5S was delivered today and like always I tore into it. First impressions? I dig it! Still need to find my way around the parameters but logically it makes sense to me. The keybed is solid and the sounds are good. Light weight-wise, but feels substantial. Will dive into the zones now and get this axe configured to my whims. Right now the only challenge I have is figuring out how to set the zone "size" (think: splits) but with the substantial and immediate help from the Casio Community (from Mike Martin on down) mastering this axe will be a snap!

Cool beans!

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Archived