Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone work with Linux

Theo Verelst

Sort of: do any of you musicians/programmers work with Linux sound programs?

Example: Pianoteq under "Jack".

Or: Ladspa plugins in "Ardour" ?

Etc. I use "jack-rack" a lot (with the free and usually easy to download Ladspa "plugins"). using the Jack audio stream management, and am satisfied with that it runs pretty good, and has a "delay guarantee" that every signal path has fixed throughput delay.

I'm going to make a little, easy to understand example with some understandable (and in the long run interesting) plugins from the free Ladspa suite, in a beginners level video, using a network drawing tool I've made and some adapted tools for accurate metering and automatically starting up a whole audio processing chain that I think might interest people.

If none of the non-lurkers uses Linux, I could try out a "Jack for Windows" variation, too. Maybe Jack is also available for Apple machines, I don't know (it's been a while since I made some money working with MacIntosh, or Unix, for that matter).

T.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of my co-workers does. He's not a musician though so it's just a geek exercise for him. I don't think he's tried Pianoteq under Jack, but I'll bet someone has on the Pianoteq forum. I'd check there.

Eugenio Upright, 60th P-Bass, Geddy Lee J-Bass, Hofner HCT-500/7, Yamaha BBP35, Viking Bari

Select Strat, Select Tele, Am Pro JM, LP 57 Gold, G5422DC-12, T486, ES295, PM2, EXL1

XK1c, Voyager, Prophet XL

Archived