Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SP4-7 splitting outputs.

MarKeys

Yeah I'm salivating at the extra sounds. Still hopin to find an organ sound without the Leslie sim. I know I can do it with that soundtower editor, but I've got limited time and patience when it comes to working with that kind of thing and was hoping to find the sounds already made. But that's me being lazy again. Thanks again for all the help and advice.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I'm salivating at the extra sounds. Still hopin to find an organ sound without the Leslie sim. I know I can do it with that soundtower editor, but I've got limited time and patience when it comes to working with that kind of thing and was hoping to find the sounds already made. But that's me being lazy again. Thanks again for all the help and advice.
I believe that sounds from the Kurz PC3 series boards can be loaded onto the SP4 series boards with some limitations due to less effects processing power on the SP4's. So another possibility for you would be to find someone with a Kurz PC3 series board and let him /her dial up a B3 sound with the Leslie sim turned off and then load it directly via USB onto the SP4-7. Dave Weiser, who actually worked for Kurzweil on the SP4 series boards, addressed this possibility earlier in this thread.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

I believe that sounds from the Kurz PC3 series boards can be loaded onto the SP4 series boards with some limitations due to less effects processing power on the SP4's.

That's correct. The limitation does affect some organ sounds (which use more Leslie effects power on the PC3 than is available on the SP4), but most of them are fine.

I second the thanks from MarKeys... I was wondering where to go for some more Kurz sounds since Sonikmatter disappeared.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

Also a bunch of sounds on the Mastering VAST forum (however, you must be a paying member (only $5 a year) to access many areas of the forum). Not quite as easy to find a specific patch as SonikMatter used to be, but there have a lot of .PC3 files added in the past 6 or 7 years.

the ksetlist forum is good for patches, but does not have support areas and general conversation areas.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Archived