Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

HALion 5.x

Sundown

I know it's a Kontakt world, but I'm amazed that there aren't any magazine reviews of HALion 5.x or 4.x. Not in Keyboard, not in Sound on Sound, etc...

I just upgraded from 4.x to 5.x (and I'm an original 1.x user), and I think it's a great instrument. The 4.x bundled library has a lot of useful content (I haven't had a moment to explore 5.x yet), and the GUI is extremely flexible.

NI was brilliant in creating and releasing the Kontakt Player. They really ran away with the market.

Sundown

Working on: The Jupiter Bluff; They Live, We Groove

Main axes: Kawai MP11 and Kurz PC361

DAW Platform: Cubase

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried the demo a few weeks ago, and agree it has come a long way, but I have so much by now that the core library is not an enticement. Like SampleTank though, it might be great for someone just starting to build a collection of sounds, and I do feel the interface puts Kontakt in its place. :-)

I deleted all my HALion and EXS content eons ago, figuring they were essentially dead products that won't mature anymore. At the time I did this, disc space was NOT cheap, and I deleted some stuff that I wish now that I hadn't. Some of it I can probably get back with original purchase order numbers, but not all of it.

Eugenio Upright, 60th P-Bass, Geddy Lee J-Bass, Hofner HCT-500/7, Yamaha BBP35, Viking Bari

Select Strat, Select Tele, Am Pro JM, LP 57 Gold, G5422DC-12, T486, ES295, PM2, EXL1

XK1c, Voyager, Prophet XL

I'm just surprised that there haven't been any major reviews. Since the time that HAL 4.x was released, Cubase 6.5, 7, and 7.5 have been reviewed.

Sundown

Working on: The Jupiter Bluff; They Live, We Groove

Main axes: Kawai MP11 and Kurz PC361

DAW Platform: Cubase

Archived