Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Winter NAMM 2014 Reports

Geoff Grace

As most of you know, this year's Winter NAMM Show will begin this Thursday, January 23rd, and run through Sunday, the 26th. As always, anticipation and speculation over product announcements is running high.

Please post your Winter NAMM 2014 reports here, for forum members who are not fortunate enough to go to the show.

Feel free to discuss NAMM announced gear, events, and performances in this thread.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you haven't noticed,

I've been teasing over in the "NAMM Rumors" thread, but I might as well say here for anyone interested who missed it,

I strongly advise anyone attending with even the slightest interest in virtual pianos, to make it over to the VIlabs room at the Marriott. You won't be disappointed. :cool:

I agree, it's a big stepaffordability is essential to widespread adoption of Thunderbolt. But I can't say I'm surprised.

I don't doubt that there's an R&D expense that manufacturers incur during the process of integrating Thunderbolt into their products. But once that expense has been absorbed, I imagine the cost of including a Thunderbolt port isn't that expensive or we would have seen a jump in Mac prices when the standard was adopted.

I wonder how many affordable Thunderbolt products will be announced this week

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Anxiously awaiting and hands on reports on the Physis Piano k5 controller.....

Never heard of it before, but jeez THIS looks like the ducks nuts ..I will now be keeping an eye out for the release of this, especially the 76 note version with weighted keys.

Thanks for the link :)

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Never heard of it before, but jeez THIS looks like the ducks nuts ..I will now be keeping an eye out for the release of this, especially the 76 note version with weighted keys.

Finally.... an actual, current 76 that can drive software, and a stage rig. What a concept :rolleyes::laugh:

Appears to be the perfect companion for a Receptor, or on stage computer. I've had my eye on this one for awhile. Looks like it's real. :love:

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Finally.... an actual, current 76 that can drive software, and a stage rig. What a concept :rolleyes::laugh:

Appears to be the perfect companion for a Receptor, or on stage computer. I've had my eye on this one for awhile. Looks like it's real. :love:

That's the model I'm interested in.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

Don't know about availability, but I've seen Swedish prices for K4/K5 - and if they're correct we're looking at < $2500 :thu:

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

Looking forward to an affordable Thunderbolt enclosure for my 2.5" SSD drive I use for samples. The TB-to-Firewire adapter is a very clunky piece to have hanging off my new MacBook Pro, and its connection to the TB port is not very firm.

+1

Archived