Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

First "name" support gig

Aidan

Some of you were kind enough to cop an earful of the Blues record I played on at the end of the year. The guy who put it together called me last night to ask if I would play keys on one of the first gigs to promote it. We'll be opening for Hue & Cry.

I know this is meat and drink to many of you on here, but it's my first experience of opening for a "name" act so I'm pretty stoked about it. It kind of feels like my musical career is getting somewhere towards where, in truth, it probably should have been a couple of decades ago but for first-wifely hostility.

I've got a couple new projects of my own on the boil and have just started working with a great jazz quartet too (audio on SP), and I have a feeling 2014 is going to be a good one for me, musically speaking. Hope it's as positive for all of you here, too!

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good for you, theres aways certain gigs that really are an event changing part of your career, wether its playing with somebody well known, or playing a venue that's well known, whatever, its a real confidence booster, cause' theres enough stuff out there to bring us back down again....

"Ive been playing Hammond since long before anybody paid me to play one, I didn't do it to be cool, I didnt do it to make a statement......I just liked it "

Very cool....it is always a great feeling. I done many times and it never gets old. I just opened for Styx last Saturday night and it was awesome!
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Great news, Aidan, and I hope it's the start of a good trend for you. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

That is exciting. One of the tribute bands I played in a few years back got to do do a few opening shows at one theatre, we opened on different occassions for Bret Michaels, Eddie Money, and Zebra.

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

Archived