Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Brian Auger and Julie Driscoll brainwash the Monkees

mate stubb

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What was that from?

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

OMG :eek::D:taz:

Death Ray Organ Fu!

[video:youtube]

I love it! I love the job they did on that Hammond, too. :D

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

excerpted from wikipedia

"This special is notable as The Monkees' final performance as a quartet until 1986, as Peter Tork left the group at the end of the special's production."

After watching that video, I think I know why......

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

LOL... and he is still as crazy to this day. I don't know... the drugs must have been better back then, or something.

I wish I could find a better quality image, but this is from that same special:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-32aekxfVoxM/TxwuVj9CvNI/AAAAAAAABVY/wy90FeAH7BM/s1600/auger2.jpg

Yes, thats Fats Domino, then Little Richard, then Jerry Lee Lewis, and finally Brian on top. He has this photo on his desk in his studio/office and it blew my mind when I saw it.

I guess you have to sit through all the dreck of this special to get to see this monster summit.

Jerry

LOL... and he is still as crazy to this day. I don't know... the drugs must have been better back then, or something.

I wish I could find a better quality image, but this is from that same special:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-32aekxfVoxM/TxwuVj9CvNI/AAAAAAAABVY/wy90FeAH7BM/s1600/auger2.jpg

Yes, thats Fats Domino, then Little Richard, then Jerry Lee Lewis, and finally Brian on top. He has this photo on his desk in his studio/office and it blew my mind when I saw it.

I guess you have to sit through all the dreck of this special to get to see this monster summit.

Jerry

That's really wild. If someone did something like that today, it would be with digital effects.

The Monkees thing was great. Brian an Julie were unbelievable good. Of all the people who have ever lived, only Julie Driscoll could make sounds like that.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Good grief! I HATED the Monkees and now I remember why. They were pretty big on TV and I made it a point to never watch anything they did. Brian was kinda funny in this bit but still...

it's the Monkee's hold on while I remove my finger from my throat.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

Archived