Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pulled trigger on PX 5S. Had to express something.

mul

I am a long term member of the keyboard corner forum. I have been a korg snob for most of my life ( though, for piano sounds, I do lust after the Nord and Yamaha lines , not so much Roland )

My main weighted board for the last 6 years has alway been a korg ( started with a sp200 and progressed to a m50 88 ), I still have and adore the sp200 which I believe is korgs own RH2 key bed.

Now for a second let me rant about my m50 88, that's an RH3 key bed. This is the only keyboard that I have ever DESTROYED because of its action. I know that there are many documented case of the RH3 key bed failure but believe me this was chronic .... Anyways I digress!....

I frequent these forums quite a lot, some might call me a lurker but I am a gigging musician like most of you, and I constantly search for ways to make my gigging life easier. I obviously had to retire my m50 88. I ' secretly' bought a privia px5s. I cannot begin to explain how much of a paradigm shift this was for me because I honestly had a casio bias. I simply believed the good folk at the keyboard corner and particularly Mike Martin, Scott and there approachable nature and honestly, they seemed like nice guys.

Now .... When I played this keyboard I first thought the sound were luscious but in all honesty I thought what's the action like? Then I found the parameters to adjust the action/ touch response.......

POSSIBLE BLASPHEMY COMMIN......

sweet Jesus, such a keyboard.

Multi programmable sliders out the wazoo

Price. I live I Ireland and got mine for 850 euro. In Ireland we drink this with family on 1 night out. Bad I know!!!!

Best key bed and keyboard I have felt in years

Tweakable to the Nth degree

Lightweight - I guess around .....11 kg

Runs on batteries

Sounds Awesome. - I LOVE THIS KEYBOARD. I still use a korg m50 73 which has that terrible action but it's mine and apart from the drop outs ( I may upgrade to a Kronos soon ) I will still use. - midid to my px5s for the time being.

In conclusion.

If anyone is tempted by this keyboard go and try it you will not be disappointed.

Regards.

Korg kronos, casio px5s, studiologic sl 88 studio, korg m50,korg triton, yamaha moxf6, hammond xk1, korg sp200

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still use a korg m50 73 which has that terrible action but it's mine and apart from the drop outs ( I may upgrade to a Kronos soon ) I will still use. - midid to my px5s for the time being.

Just a thought if you decided to go that route...if you go with the Kronos 61, you'll have best of both worlds - nice weighted action for piano/EP, nice unweighted action (and sliders for drawbars) for organ/synth.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Price. I live I Ireland and got mine for 850 euro. In Ireland we drink this with family on 1 night out. Bad I know!!!!

Now THAT'S funny! :laugh::thu:

Stop lurking, mul. I want to hear more about your adventures from Ireland. It's on my bucket list to visit one day!

I figure I'll have to work a little longer on my endurance training before I go out drinking with you and your family!

I bet you guys who see Americans on TV drinking Budweiser from a can just laugh your ass off... every time! :facepalm:

I would!

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

"Now .... When I played this keyboard I first thought the sound were luscious but in all honesty I thought what's the action like? Then I found the parameters to adjust the action/ touch response......."

hey mul

just curious on how you set your action/touch, even though it's a personal preference.

Nord electro 3 73, Casio Px-5s, Yamaha SY-85, A&H ZED FX mixer, 2 QSC K8.2s

Now THAT'S funny! :laugh::thu:

Stop lurking, mul. I want to hear more about your adventures from Ireland. It's on my bucket list to visit one day!

I figure I'll have to work a little longer on my endurance training before I go out drinking with you and your family!

I bet you guys who see Americans on TV drinking Budweiser from a can just laugh your ass off... every time! :facepalm:

I would!

Tom

I know Tom would step in responding to that post! :thu:

Rudy

Hi mul - that's a good price. I'm wondering if that's available for UK mainland. Could you let me know where you purchased from (PM me if you prefer)?

Thanks.

I would also be interested to know where you purchased it from. As far as I am aware there is only one store that has them in stock in the UK and they are asking £999.

Just dan. - that's exactly the route I plan to go down. As you said with the keybed/ velocity response exactly as I like it and all my sliders and knobs already, the Kronos 61 is my little cherry on the top.

Dana - I went in to the velocity response paramater ( not sure what it's actually called, keyboard is with band equipment at the minute). And selected to taste. Also I set the " action" to light touch so that I wouldn't mince the keyboard to bits again

Sting bean jake, willf, still gigging - re pricing . Myself and the guys from our band, a five piece corporate, exclusively deal with a company in Dublin. It is called xmusic. - Www.xmusic.ie. We averaged about 5000 spend in total last year. This site is not fully featured and a good look around or at least a phone call would be advised. When I purchased my keyboard we also purchased a bunch of other stuff totalling about 2200. The sales clerk is a guy called Steve and again had a professional relationship with the bands manager for about 20 years ( can anyone guess where this is going?!) Steve told me to the take the casio on sale or return and when myself and the manager checked the itemised receipt on departure the casio was listed as 1049 with a 200 discount.

These guys try their best to beat thomann and musicstore. You get a killer cup of coffee, a nice reception, our of hours service. They will courier something overnight and generally try to help in any way. Biggest keyboard department in Ireland. Think a music store that is run by musicians.

ITGITC. I will post a twice weekly blog ( we mostly play weddings and Irish weddings are something else) if ya pm me and tell me what the acronym means!!!! But seriously man. Come on in and bathe your feet.....the water is fine!!!" N.B As the rest of the celts will agree with, bring a jumper, a coat, an over coat and an umbrella. Oh, and some shorts, a tee shirt ,sunglasses and some factor 40.. All the later is for the afternoon. The weather is both that unpredictable and changeable!!

Stillgiggin - originally from Monaghan. Now living in Sligo on the north west cost. (Immortalised by the poetry of a bard named William butler Yeats for our American friends), Most beautiful place in the world IMHO . A lot like the Antrim Coast. The pop band west life are from here also.

Korg kronos, casio px5s, studiologic sl 88 studio, korg m50,korg triton, yamaha moxf6, hammond xk1, korg sp200

For the guys from the uk. Just had a quick look and the casio is on the xmusic site for 1049. With today's conversion rate that is £868.26 If there is only one store in the uk stocking it and it's priced at £999 then the price difference would totally pay for the flight and even the shipping or excess baggage on the plane back. They will even sell ya a semi rigid flight case for those kind Ryanair baggage handlers !!!! Cannot believe they are undercutting the uk retailers and I bet the boards are coming from the uk!!!

Archived