Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

optical cables coming up at NAMM

spazzkey

just stumbled across this:

light lead cable

I have not had major issues with cables and it remains to be seen what these will cost - but they should put most of the cable discussions to rest...

maybe some of you guys going to NAMM can report back??

gig: hammond sk-1 73, neo vent, nord stage 2 76, ancona 34 accordion, cps space station v3

home: steinway m, 1950 hammond c2

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Having worked with fiber optic cabling in our data center for years - I can't imagine trying to use fiber optic cabling in anything other than a "fixed install". It doesn't take much damage at all to have them fail. I'd be skeptical about a fiber optic instrument cable - no matter what the marketing folks have to say.
The SpaceNorman :freak:

Having worked with fiber optic cabling in our data center for years - I can't imagine trying to use fiber optic cabling in anything other than a "fixed install". It doesn't take much damage at all to have them fail. I'd be skeptical about a fiber optic instrument cable - no matter what the marketing folks have to say.

Agree- I'm in the same industry. Fixed install is fine, not someplace where they are going to get stepped on and rolled over and all that good stuff.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Sounds interesting and I've never heard of optical analog transmission. They claim the cables are resistant to "crushing and impact." What hits me right away is the size of the housing for the electronics. If I was a guitar player I'm not sure I'd want that big lump hanging off my output jack.

I use an optical spdif cable from my laptop's on-board audio out to a small d-to-a box and it completely eliminates ground loops, hum, and buzz that I had to deal with when I used the regular headphone output. But, that's old technology and probably a lot cheaper than this cable!

Archived