Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Question about a single chop hammond...

toad

Yeah I know I don't post much here but do read most topics and just Love this forum. Any way I'm adding a Trek2

percussion unit to my single chop. I've done the mod to several CV's but this organ only has 1/4" output with no pre-amp or rheostat. It's pretty basic, tone wheels, one upper manual,matching transformer,presets intacked,M3 drawbars.

I'm wondering where the grey audio wire from the trek unit should connect since I don't have a rheostat box or swell capacitor. I bought this off e-bay and have been totally pleased with it. There is another one on there listed as custom chop in front of a garage door,mine is the same.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I added trekII percussion yesterday, has smooth drawbars from an M-3 that really worked out good.group "a" has the set of 8 drawbars, so the spare drawbar wire that was never used,goes to the perc.unit leaving the group'b' bars at 9 drawbars for full sound. I set the trekII to group"a"

So on most consoles, either drawbar#8 or drawbar#9 is not connected on the percussion group of drawbars. Anyway this organ has no pre-amp, just line-out 1/4" jack. It sounds fantastic! most all of my other consoles need new tubes or caps.

works great with guitar effects, unlike the ob-2 output boxes on my CV's. You can really hear the raw tonewheels.

Do the presets work? Besides the B and Bb?

Looks like percussion is gone...and that it uses spinet drawbars with the caps tweaked so that you are only missing the second-last one in the left group?

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Archived