Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Get Well Soon, Tony! (tonysounds)

Joe Muscara

Thanks guys. Cliff notes version....gall bladder burst. I drove myself to the ER NYE at 4am. Nightmare.

Dang Tony. All the best brother! Speaking as someone who is a walking kidney stone factory, that is the one thing I can say is worse.

Glad you made it to ER and hope you're up and back at it very soon!

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oof, that sucks, Tony. Thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

P.S. In no way is this incident permitted to interfere with your upcoming NAMM trip. Just sayin'.... :poke::idea:

My thoughts exactly, dB.

Tony: Assuming you make it to NAMM (you will make it to NAMM, right?), you and I can swap gall bladder stories. I had mine removed almost two years ago on an emergency basis after suffering through a fourth bout of crippling stomach pain (this time, lasting a few days) and finally deciding to see a doctor about it. Went to see my brother (an ER doc) in the afternoon, and they quickly confirmed that I had a massive gallstone and the gall bladder needed to be removed. I had the surgery that day. Thankfully, mine didn't rupture and they were able do the surgery laparoscopically, which made my recovery considerably easier than what I'm sure you're going through.

I remember asking my surgeon if there was any way to delay the surgery because I had an important meeting at work the following day. Once she mentioned the possibility of rupture, gangrene, and other consequences that I don't even want to mention, the choice to get it done right away became easier. (She had me at "gangrene.") I also remember thinking that, if this same thing had happened to me a century ago, that would've been it. Thank goodness for modern medicine!

Feel better soon, TO!

Noah

I also remember thinking that, if this same thing had happened to me a century ago, that would've been it. Thank goodness for modern medicine!

Amen. I'm type 1 diabetic and it's not fun to deal with sometimes...but then I remember that I would have been a goner back in the day.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Tony!

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

My plan is to see you all at NAMM. This is a tough recovery due to the incision size n location but doc says it should be fine. I Probly won't do as much patrolling the booths this year, but I can act as the official mascot of the RKL. Trying to really convalesce while getting around. It's a fine art. Thank you my brothas.
Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

My plan is to see you all at NAMM. This is a tough recovery due to the incision size n location but doc says it should be fine. I Probly won't do as much patrolling the booths this year, but I can act as the official mascot of the RKL.

:thu:

Hello Tony,

Here's hoping for your speedy recovery. Having gone through this surgery also, I know first hand what you mean about the recovery ahead of you... particularly when the surgery is non-laparoscopic. But wanted you to know that after the first couple of weeks it does get a little better. So wanted to wish you the best with this.

~ Anthony

My plan is to see you all at NAMM. This is a tough recovery due to the incision size n location but doc says it should be fine. I Probly won't do as much patrolling the booths this year, but I can act as the official mascot of the RKL. Trying to really convalesce while getting around. It's a fine art. Thank you my brothas.

Get well quickly, man! (At least you won't miss any good riding weather ;)

Mark

"Think Pink Floyd are whiny old men? No Problem. Turn em off and enjoy the Miley Cyrus remix featuring Pitbull." - Cygnus64

Life is shorter than you think...make it count.

Archived