Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A Spin-Off of the "Old Piano" Thread: Old Hammond Consoles

Al the Piano Guy

Hello again.

As my screen name implies, I am at heart a piano player. But it took buying 2 old Hammond consoles to make me realize this. Glad for the lesson, but as I said in my earlier post on the Old Piano thread, I will be down-sizing in the future and need to get rid of stuff. These are taking up a lot of space. One is a project RT-2 with no sound cabinet. The other is the infamous H series. The RT-2 is in several pieces and the H is living room quality but is a technical orphan. Although a true (and some might argue superior) tone-wheel, the H just isnt a mainstream tone-wheel.

It would help knowing if there was any demand for consoles like these in their condition. Is there any better way than CL for selling/donating/etc. these? Any suggestions from the tone-wheel members of the group?

Thanks of your feedback

Al, the Piano Guy

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The H is definitely donation material. Find a local senior home, donate it, and take a tax deduction. The RT2, if in good condition, could fetch about $500-$1000.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

If the RT2 has later keys, you are basically a Trek II unit away from a C3 with better pedals!

The H...well, the H stands for Heavy. Also, there are about 150 electrolytic caps in one of those néeding replacement.

I would offer $400 on a local RT2 sight unseen provided all the parts were there. $500 with a bench and pedals. More if it worked.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Archived