Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gearspotting: Hans Zimmer

MAJUSCULE

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It had one of the most drool-worthy front panels in history, but I don't know if the sound measured up. Unless you like PPG-style digital tones, it's a bit of an oddball. But what can you really tell from a Youtube demo... It's not like these were popping up in local Guitar Centers for hands-on trials.

Sundown

Working on: The Jupiter Bluff; Driven Away

Main axes: Kawai MP11 and Kurz PC361

DAW Platform: Cubase

It's not like these were popping up in local Guitar Centers for hands-on trials.

I read somewhere that only 300 "Waves" were made. Not sure how many made it to the US.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

I'd be happy with just one. :laugh:

Perhaps, when you owned one, you´d wished to own none.

I doubt these were very reliable toys.

The original Waldorf company went bancrupt because of this beast.

And, if you´re not fallen in love w/ all the aliasing the original Waldorf WAVE OSCs introduced,- there´s the equivalent from ZARG (John Bowen) originally designed for Hans Zimmer too:

Quantumwave

You must have a Creamware 14/15 DSP card, multiple cards or a S|C XITE box, but it sounds killer.

Hans uses S|C XITE-1s too.

A.C.

Waldorf's reputation for releasing keyboards with an unfinished OS just amazes me. From what I recall the "Q" was buggy, and people had various issues with the Blofeld as well.

I guess the programmers spent too much time enjoying their German beer... :rolleyes:

More likely the programmers had the code ripped from their bleeding hands, so that the company could sell something quick to get some cash flow going.

this :thu:

Well, I can understand that up to a point... but it must have sucked releasing the Wave unfinished--as expensive as it was--to the poor unsuspecting buyers. :mad:

Archived