Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Chord progression for Stomping Grounds/Sinister Minister

miden

Can anyone direct me to where I can find the chord progressions (not TAB) for Bela Fleck Stomping Grounds and Sinister Minister please?

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this must be tough one!! I got the same result on the keyboard forum as well. Not being a guitarist is why I need it in chord form and not tab - LOTS of tabs around!!

Anyway I guess it is too hard for players here as well. It is a weird tune I must admit :)

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Thx Larry - yeah that was the result I got...and I tried transcribing listening to the YT vids, but it has such odd progressions and timings I gave up in the end and thought I would ask here (and on the KB forum as well).

I can get the fundamental bassline, but the actual chordal structure is tough to pick up.

<--- here's the Sinister song...maybe some of our pickers can suggest some chords for you?

It could be as simple as a Dm C Bb A run down, or maybe a Dm F G#6 G7 or both...but definitely jamming on just a Dm chord working a D minor or D minor Pentatonic scale (or both) with or without chords...my guess.

Take care, Larryz

Yeah that sounds about what it might be...I've sorta figured a 1-V system using alternate bass voicings - viz D5 D5/F E5 G5 D5/F F5/A and so on...but the small segue into part B and a couple in part B are a little tough to pick up

I hear both a jazz and a latin Santana vibe especially in the ending chords. I got a kick out the bass players twirling guitar, and really dug the drummer playing both an instrument and the drums at the end too...
Take care, Larryz

Archived