Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

meet ups

Kevmo

The Jersey 3 (Joe P , Jake(lightbg)and Kevin Kevmo had a Holiday meet up last nite and a good time was had by all!! Jake shared cooking Secrets of Hammond oil. Kevmo sang the 12 days of VR09 and Joe explained why the Doors used as Bassist!

I highly recommend others do similar meet ups as we are all getting older and some (Jake) are a treasure trove of historic Keyboard gigs and Helicopter adventures not to be missed.

Merry Christmas

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many thanks to Kevmo and Joe P for the get together. Since we don't have a NAMM show to celebrate a breakfast/lunch/dinner, this was a great way to meet the actual people behind the posts. Every region should give it a try. I purposely don't have a Facebook account because my idea of social networking is a handshake and a beer WITH A HUMAN. It took 3 hours of my time and I made 2 friends who share my passion for performing arts. This was more than worth the effort, and I recommend that all here give it a try.

As far as me being called a "treasure", Kevmo needs to meet my wife, who has never even come close to that description........ :rolleyes:

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Not sure if there are any fellow Long Islanders here on the forum, if so, we probably know each other already anyway!

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

Not sure if there are any fellow Long Islanders here on the forum
Yeah, me! :wave:

To the Jersey 3 - pics or it didn't happen. ;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Hey Joe - you're in Houston now though? That's what it says for Location under your name.

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

Not sure if there are any fellow Long Islanders here on the forum
Yeah, me! :wave:

To the Jersey 3 - pics or it didn't happen. ;)

Nobody was sober enough for pics.....and there weren't witnesses, either......except for the bartenders dog......

Next time....

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Tucktronix and i talk all the time. There's a few of us here in upstate New York but you rarely see many types of meet ups fpr members in the Northeast for whatever reason they're always out west or down south.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Hey Joe - you're in Houston now though? That's what it says for Location under your name.
Yeah, but I grew up on LI, mom still lives up there. I was teasing ya. :)

Tucktronix and i talk all the time. There's a few of us here in upstate New York but you rarely see many types of meet ups fpr members in the Northeast for whatever reason they're always out west or down south.
It's merely a matter of someone taking the initiative and making it happen.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

North Western Union County so I'm not all that far. I mkae regular treks to the Monte Cristo louge in Whippany and have a good friend who lives in Denville.

Casio HQ is just west of Denville. I'm there almost every week. If its Monday-Thursday, I'm open. I'm also trying to find a date for a Chicago area KC gathering in February. ;)

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Casio HQ is just west of Denville. I'm there almost every week. If its Monday-Thursday, I'm open.

That big sign on Mt. Pleasant Ave across from the mall is the real deal for Casio? Hell, I live 5 minutes away, just up the hill (of course all of Rockaway is "just up the hill"). We'll have to try a weeknight then.

Mike: I still have a VL Tone in working condition..... ;)

Jake

"It needs a Hammond"

Many thanks to Kevmo and Joe P for the get together. Since we don't have a NAMM show to celebrate a breakfast/lunch/dinner, this was a great way to meet the actual people behind the posts. Every region should give it a try. I purposely don't have a Facebook account because my idea of social networking is a handshake and a beer WITH A HUMAN. It took 3 hours of my time and I made 2 friends who share my passion for performing arts. This was more than worth the effort, and I recommend that all here give it a try.

As far as me being called a "treasure", Kevmo needs to meet my wife, who has never even come close to that description........ :rolleyes:

Jake

Kevmo & lightbg - Great meet-up! Kevin, thanks for organizing and Jake thanks for the great stories, especially the Early Warning USO Tour and the awesome Count Basie recording studio story.

Forumites, these guys are the real deal. Gigging musicians who love music and who have a huge NJ+ gigging history. Active players with extensive experience.

Jake, Kevin and I will see you soon at the Black Forest. Looking forward to a wiener schnitzel, a Weissbier and your NE4!

Regards,

Joe

Mike m ,jake, joe p

Looks like I started something here :)

mike I want a weekday meetup at one of the sketchy bars in Dover so I can press u on why I got no response to my resume to. Casio :( just kidding

Actually, if we could nudge a Chicago area gathering to the very end of February, or better yet early March, that would be awesome. We plan to be relocated by March 1st - at the latest.

I think a wider gathering in the summer - think Fort Wayne / Sweetwater Gearfest - would be cool, too..

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

We need one in Texas. Joe?
I'd enjoy that. Except that it probably needs to be in Dallas. :P

;)

• 3 weeks later...
Jersey Boy here as well. It would be great to meet a few of you locals face to face.

Yesterday, Mike and I met at a Union, NJ diner. I was serving a NJ client and Mike lives nearby.

We talked nonstop for about 90 minutes and the time flew - lots of laughs and war stories. Amazing how similar our backgrounds are.

Let's seek opportunities to meet more often.

This forum rocks!

Steve Coscia

It was great to meet up Steve. I enjoyed sharing some stories about our common histories and interests. Some great insights about the Ensoniq days as well.

I didn't think about it, but we should have taken a picture. Next time.

Yes, this forum is a really cool place.

Archived