Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Low weight but high quality keyboard stands?

Lord_Nord

I've been using a Proline PL400 Double "X" stand for most of my playing career, and it holds up great. It's sturdy, stays in place, and holds even my heaviest keyboards without any concern. However, the thing is pretty heavy (21 pounds), so I'm looking for a lightweight alternative.

The only thing I've found so far is the Strukture SK2X series which are made out of aluminum and weigh in at a 11 pounds. (I like the anodized red one to match my Nord Stage 2 and Nord Electro 2). Haven't found any reviews on these at all though.

What do you guys think?

A.J. Blues

Manager and Keyboardist

The Tash Brothers Band

www.myspace.com/TheTashBrothersBand

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check the K&M 18880, 6.5 lbs, and also has optional 2nd/3rd tiers

http://produkte.k-m.de/en/product?info=302&xf9f1a=m3f9cu4bcravec41pgp7m8tep6

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Another vote for the K&M 18880 & 18881 (2nd tier). Yes - it is a good bit of $$ for less than 10 pounds, but it is very well made, aircraft grade aluminum with welds - no difficulty holding up a PC3X lower and PC3 upper, setup or teardown quick.

I got them after getting an Electro 3-73 - it seemed ridiculous to use my OnStage 2-tier Z stand that weighed over twice what the Electro weighed.

I'm not familiar with the Strukture stand.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Wow well it does seem like a good stand. I can get the Strukture stand used on Amazon for $30, so I think I will order that first and if I don't like it, look into something higher end.

A.J. Blues

Manager and Keyboardist

The Tash Brothers Band

www.myspace.com/TheTashBrothersBand

But the OnStage stand isn't exactly lightweight, right? If I'm reading the specs right it's 18.2 lbs...

I too can recommend the K&M 18880 - it's not very cheap, but I don't think you'll find a lighter stand.

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

I too have been checking lightweight Alu stands..thanks Scott for the K&M. Whats the stand that doesnt go low enough? Is that the Stukture? Im going to check it out again, its the only 1 Ive found to check in person, comes in different colors, but everyone Ive talked to that have tried it says it appears to be for standing/playing. Love the lightweight.

Archived