Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Piano "candid camera"

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, that would be a fun gig. I liked the guy at 1:00 as well, but I really dug the ones where the piano accompanied people.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

While it brought a big smile to my face on an otherwise busy workday, I have to wonder how it is that no one reacted in the least bit strangely to the piano magically accompanying them...

Nord Stage 2 Compact, Yamaha MODX8

While it brought a big smile to my face on an otherwise busy workday, I have to wonder how it is that no one reacted in the least bit strangely to the piano magically accompanying them...

The reason no one reacted to the 'magic piano playing' was because all the people in the video responded to a casting call by an ad agency. Saw this on TV a couple nights ago. They had the name of the ad agency and had proof of the casting call, but no admission by the agency that it was staged.

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

The guy has a really good ear, or perfect pitch. He comes in in the correct key every time, even with the harp player who is not visibly playing the keyboard. :thu:

One way that could have been done (I know it wasn't - thanks Grinch) is if the player had a local amp or headphones to find the key and engaged the MIDI or whatever communication to the actual piano once he had it sorted.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

They guy playing the piano is Andrew Blendermann.

http://www.blenderful.com/

Interesting I first saw this video on Facebook as a mutual friend was complimenting him on his playing. After seeing this thread today I clicked on his name to see that we have many mutual friends, not just one. Most of the mutual friends are all from the dueling piano circuit. Seems to be a very talented guy.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

You don't need perfect pitch. If I've been playing and someone plays something in another key, I generally know right away without thinking what key it's in, but I don't have anything near perfect pitch. Plus, with a harp, chances are pretty good it's a C harp. Lots of ways to dive in without knowing for sure which, and then just making what you just played work.

Regardless, I really liked his interpretation and the way he interacted, obvious talent and a great sense of humor!

Archived