Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Christmas gift from Nord. New Wurly

RudyS

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

D-Bon brings up a good point. Most Wurly samples are of the 200 series. It would be nice to have some of the other models.

These do sound good, though.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Well I have been playing with the new wurly for while and I really like it. Not just more bite but more sustain also - which was my main complaint with the old one. This one I will use. With the the "small" amp sim, a little drive and a little tremelo sounds great to me. Hoping there are some new rhodes samples in the wings with the kinds of improvements.

It definitely bites hard when you smack the keys. I had to dial back some mids and highs off the EQ. Still not sure on using the amp sims. I used one on the old sound, this one doesn't seem to need it.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Darn it, why do I have to see this at work when I have a gig 5 hours from now and no time to go and load in this new sound!!???

I would be very pleased if Nord would make an IOS sound manager so I could do this on the fly.

Archived