Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Blue Note to release Benmont Tench's Solo Record

MAJUSCULE

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great backing musicians! The teaser track reminds me a bit of The Band, maybe crossed with Allmans or other southern swamp blues rock.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

• 1 month later...
What are your tips on being a sideman thats allowed you to comfortably jump between different songwriters?

I learned in the Heartbreakers and its what I learned from my favorite bands The Beatles, The Rolling Stones you play the song. If it makes you look good, great. But the most important thing is for it to enhance the song, and thats what youre supposed to do when you play anything. Youre supposed to play for the song and not yourself.

http://www.americansongwriter.com/2014/02/heartbreakers-benmont-tench-finds-voice-lucky/

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Just listened to 'You Should Be So Lucky' ... is this serious? The Monkees were better...

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7hxu5nV93Q

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

I give Benmont props for singing his own songs.

Sure, I'll give him props. Props are free. Not buying the record, though. But there are a bazillion TPHB fans out there and if only 1% of them buy it, he's doing pretty well.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Archived