Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

R & R Hall of Fame? I am done!

HammondDave

You think you're disgusted now? Just wait until Justin Timberlake and Justin Bieber are inducted. It's only a matter of time...

No one named Justin should ever be in the Hall of Fame.

Here for the gear.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've posted this in past year's R/R HOF rants. Here it is again:

Jann Wenner is a groupie based on Robert Draper's book: Rolling Stone Magazine: The Uncensored History.

It's an old book and a GOOD book.

http://www.coscia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/rs-cover.jpg

Steve Coscia

Kiss? Really? Just because someone spits fire out of his mouth...

Because they have sold out stadiums worldwide and kept several generations of fans happy. Brilliant iconic marketing from day one. KISS is a one-of-a-kind party-rock machine and they deserve their place in the Hall Of Fame.

Actually, it's because, (and this is a little known fact), they want to rock and roll all night, and party every day.

Nord Stage 2 Compact, Yamaha MODX8

Loved the Ritchie B clip. Very profound.

The "death" thing. Wow. It's like we're all clinging on to life's roundabout. Life's magic roundabout. He even name checks Bob Dylan. Wasn't he the sleepy bunny that was always playing guitar?

I'm the piano player "off of" Borrowed Books.

Because they have sold out stadiums worldwide and kept several generations of fans happy. Brilliant iconic marketing from day one. KISS is a one-of-a-kind party-rock machine and they deserve their place in the Hall Of Fame.

Actually, it's because, (and this is a little known fact), they want to rock and roll all night, and party every day.

Damn straight. :rawk: And they really deserve to be in, they are the epitome of Rock and Roll.

Nirvana, Kiss, Peter Gabriel, Hall and Oates, Cat Stevens and Linda Ronstadt in.

Good choices overall. I doubt Cat/Yusef will show up.

Loved the Ritchie B clip. Very profound.

The "death" thing. Wow. It's like we're all clinging on to life's roundabout. Life's magic roundabout. He even name checks Bob Dylan. Wasn't he the sleepy bunny that was always playing guitar?

You're on the roundabout and all of a sudden mountains come out of the sky and stand there. And then what do you do?!

Hey, has Yes been inducted yet?

You cant get more black than black more.

I wear what the peasants wear. What royalty wore was too pretentious.

You musnt look at the moon through glass.

Jesus.this really was a Spinal Tap moment. Quick, get this man Jon Lord into the Hall of Fame!!!!

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

OMFG - that Blackmore clip was Spinal Tap right down to Jeanine! :laugh:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

No, it's rock and roll all night and PART OF every day.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

No, it's rock and roll all night and PART OF every day.

A programmer-friend I know came up to me after a gig we played for a conference where everyone at the party is a programmer.

She honestly believe that those were the lyrics and blushed :blush: when I told her they weren't.

Bless her heart. :)

Of course, I'd never derail a thread... :rolleyes:

But izzit...

"Up on the Housetop Reindeer Paws..."

or

"Up on the Housetop Reindeer pause..."

This was debated at my house last night.

Google reports it both ways so,

Take your pick. :)

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

OMFG - that Blackmore clip was Spinal Tap right down to Jeanine! :laugh:

I know. I love it!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

You cant get more black than black more.

Hahahahahahaha. Puts this whole R & R HOF thread in perspective. Too much f**king perspective?

Hey Ritchie

-Yeah

I've read that you all came down to Montreaux, by the Lake Geneva shore Line.

-That's right

To make records with a mobile?

-Yes

Which app was it? Was it MultitrackDAW?

I'm the piano player "off of" Borrowed Books.

They once again left off Jethro Tull. Pathetic.

Not to mention Yes, Moody Blues, ELP, King Crimson.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

And Chicago was never even nominated!

Hall and Oates... And not Chicago?

That pretty much says it all..

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Why should Chicago be in there? They only had about 50 hits... And were made up of great musicians...

What a crock.

How about "Three Dog Night?"

Three Dog Night placed 21 songs in the top 40 on the "Billboard" singles chart and 11 in the top 10, including three number one hits and seven gold singles, according to "The Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits." In addition, their record label, Dunhill Records, reported the band has sold over 40 million albums, including 13 gold albums.

Can Nirvana say the same? Hall and Oates?

Hall and Oats... And not Chicago?

While I whole-heatedly agree that Chicago should be in there, I don't think that in any way detracts from Hall & Oats being deserving. I would dump others for Chicago before Hall & Oats.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Hall and Oats... And not Chicago?

While I whole-heatedly agree that Chicago should be in there, I don't think that in any way detracts from Hall & Oats being deserving. I would dump others for Chicago before Hall & Oats.

Agreed. Hall and OatEs were big stuff, and then they did something unwise- they decided to take some time off. Bad idea. The same happened to Lionel Richie. They walked away at their peak, and it hurt them.

Archived